Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Econ or VCM system work when you are in Sport or Sport+ modes? I just received my S-VCM device but though I would ask the question first. I am going to drive it for a bit on the freeway and see if the Econ light comes on.

·
Super Moderator
749 Posts
There are numerous things which disable VCM (all of which are listed in your owner's manual). I believe having the vehicle in Sport+ mode is one of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always have mine in Sport anyway. Is there any indication on the dash when VCM is working. I saw a video where the ECON indicated on the dash. Is that the VCM working on that car at that time?
And can you help me with where in the manual does it talk about disabling that VCM.

·
Super Moderator
749 Posts
The manual does not speak about disabling the VCM. But it does talk about when your computer disables it automatically. I'll check my manual when I get home from work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. My car is a 2020 model so lots of time to look at it. I had a quick look today and preferred to connect hot wire to fuse panel instead of battery. I will eventually do it, just planning it all out first.

·
Super Moderator
749 Posts
My error. Was thinking about something else. Sorry.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I installed the S-VCM today. I left the keyfob upstairs. I drilled a 1/8" hole in the side of the fuse box in the engine compartment and put a fork terminal under one of the bolts for the 12V busbar. Did not want to connect to battery. I also wrapped the wire in spiral wrap to protect it and make it look more original. I also put a spade lug on the end so that I could disconnect the S-VCM without going back to the fuse box. The two 12V wires are connected via a pull apart connection. Spade terminals. Male on the S-VCM side and the female on the Battery side. Then I wrapped that connection in tape for security. Then I installed the S-VCM as per instructions. I used my own tiewraps as they are longer and easier to use. After all done I started the car. No codes and went for a drive. I have pretty well hidden the S-VCM as best I could. I will se how we go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I always have mine in Sport anyway. Is there any indication on the dash when VCM is working. I saw a video where the ECON indicated on the dash. Is that the VCM working on that car at that time?
And can you help me with where in the manual does it talk about disabling that VCM.
You can tell it deactivates 3 cylinders when the instantaneous gas mileage indicator jumps up. With all 6 cylinders running, it won't go much above 30mpg, but with deactivation, it goes up to 45mpg under a little power. You can also feel very slight engine vibration under a little power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts