Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Does VCM activate below 30 mph? Do any of the displays in the dash tell you if/when it is activating, and/or how many cylinders are in use?

It's not clear from the video, and the big thick manual doesn't even mention this feature (at least, searching through the PDF didn't find it).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does VCM activate below 30 mph? Do any of the displays in the dash tell you if/when it is activating, and/or how many cylinders are in use?

It's not clear from the video, and the big thick manual doesn't even mention this feature (at least, searching through the PDF didn't find it).
As far as I can tell there is no indication of VCM operation on the dash of my TLX (I have looked for it).

On my wife's 2008 Honda Odyssey there is an ECO light that is a pretty good indicator of VCM operation. I say pretty good because I have read there are times where the ECO light is on and all 6 cylinders are still firing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That article mentions only two states 3-cylinder and 6-cylinder. Does that mean in the TLX there is no 4-cylinder mode?
in the original post by Summest, the video mentions 3 or 4 cylinder modes for cruising (around the 0:20 mark)

·
Registered
666 Posts
The TLX is 3 cylinder only VCM, and there is no indicator. If you are fortunate it will be totally transparent (no vibration) and you may only be able to guess when the Instant Fuel Economy readings drop. It is guess mode only for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The TLX is 3 cylinder only VCM, and there is no indicator. If you are fortunate it will be totally transparent (no vibration) and you may only be able to guess when the Instant Fuel Economy readings drop. It is guess mode only for me.
As above TLX is latest generation VCM, 6 or 3 cylinder mode. For me also it is completely transparent. The vibration or "sweet spot" issue in my experience seems to be more common in Accords.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.