Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 TLX A-Spec AWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with my key fob, it won’t open my car despite the red light coming on that it’s working. My car won’t respond at all, 2018 TLX A-SPEC. Can’t drive and I need my car. The Acura by me isn’t open today. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2021 TLX FWD ADVANCE Red/ Black White
14 Posts
I need help with my key fob, it won’t open my car despite the red light coming on that it’s working. My car won’t respond at all, 2018 TLX A-SPEC. Can’t drive and I need my car. The Acura by me isn’t open today. Any help is appreciated
Did you try using the key to open the door, then the push to start ?

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
@Litty145 makes a good point: are you not able to get in the car? Yep, use the hardware key in the Fob. Start with the fob touching the Start button to get it going.

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
Any status? You sounded desperate.

·
Registered
2018 TLX A-Spec AWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn’t have the auto start feature installed, but there’s those little buttons on the doors handles. Will they manually unlock the doors if Held long enough?

·
Registered
2018 TLX A-Spec AWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Litty145 makes a good point: are you not able to get in the car? Yep, use the hardware key in the Fob. Start with the fob touching the Start button to get it going.
I’m having a little trouble understanding. There isnt physical key portion unless it’s hidden. I never even noticed key holes on the door, on the black button on mine

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
Referencing my 2015 Owner's manual (your 2018 should have similar sections):
Locking and Unlocking the Doors (p 139-151)
This section shows the key types (p 139), the built-in key (p 140) and also how to open the door from the outside with this built-in key (p 146).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts