Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my 2018 Acura tlx is jerking..I bought it new, had it almost 3 years..took it to the dealership a few times, they did a transmission flush but I am still having the jerking issues..the technician tells me its just adjusting to the different drivers..i would believe that if it would have been doing that from the beginning..i told him my husband barely drive my car..mybe just to put gas it or to take it for a car wash..

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
By the title of your post, I assume you are talking about the 4 cylinder model. Is that correct? Could it be that you are not used to an 8-speed, dual-clutch transmission? With the 8 speed, there is certainly much more up/down shifting as you accelerate and decelerate. How severe is the jerking?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the title of your post, I assume you are talking about the 4 cylinder model. Is that correct? Could it be that you are not used to an 8-speed, dual-clutch transmission? With the 8 speed, there is certainly much more up/down shifting as you accelerate and decelerate. How severe is the jerking?
Its not a stick shift..

·
Super Moderator
720 Posts
Have you tried doing a transmission reset? It has done wonders for my 2015 advance. It used to have the 2-3 jerk so bad I could swear someone rear-ended me. Now it is gone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried doing a transmission reset? It has done wonders for my 2015 advance. It used to have the 2-3 jerk so bad I could swear someone rear-ended me. Now it is gone.
No, but I am willing to try it..what do i do

·
Super Moderator
720 Posts
How to reset your transmission

Does your transmission occasionally jerk, miss a gear or clunk you so hard you could swear someone rear-ended you? Probably a time for a transmission reset.

TLX vehicles monitor your driving habits and make adjustments to the throttle response and transmission shifting points. The problem with this system is that at times it decreases throttle response and shifting in a negative way.

Here are the instructions for doing a transmission reset.

Reset Acura ECU

• Push the START/STOP button: press it twice without pressing the brake pedal. DO NOT START THE ENGINE. Turn off the lights and radio.
  • Your Acura dash lights should be on at this point. Within 5 seconds of turning on the ignition, press the gas pedal down all the way, and keep it pressed for 15 to 30 seconds.
  • After the transmission has reset, the CEL will go off.
  • Turn the car off and restart it.
  • There will be no confirmation or beep but at this point, the transmission has been reset. If you are not sure, repeat the procedure one more time.
  • Drive your Acura normally.
This procedure does not work on older Acura vehicles. Performing these steps will not cause any side effects if it is not applicable to your model. Remember this procedure is carried out with the engine OFF and the ignition ON. This method should help make your Acura feel more responsive and hopefully shift better.

This method will reset the transmission to default factory values. It will NOT erase any setting or fault codes other than user recorded data.

Let us know what if any change there is.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
Its an automatic
Yes, I know, the TLX does not offer a manual transmission (stick shift) in any of their models. I'm asking if you have the four cylinder engine which has an 8-speed automatic transmission but utilizes a dual-clutch gearbox OR is it the V-6 with the ZF 9-speed automatic transmission?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I know, the TLX does not offer a manual transmission (stick shift) in any of their models. I'm asking if you have the four cylinder engine which has an 8-speed automatic transmission but utilizes a dual-clutch gearbox OR is it the V-6 with the ZF 9-speed automatic transmission?
I am sorry for the late response but I really don't no..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How would I no what type it is

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
You have no idea what you bought? The V6 is about $3000 more than the 4 cylinder model. I would think that would be an important factor when you're spending that much money on a car. Nevertheless, if you take a picture of the rear end of the car and share it I would be able to tell right away. The V6 shows the dual exhaust (they're not hidden) and has chrome accents on the left and right sides of the back bumper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have no idea what you bought? The V6 is about $3000 more than the 4 cylinder model. I would think that would be an important factor when you're spending that much money on a car. Nevertheless, if you take a picture of the rear end of the car and share it I would be able to tell right away. The V6 shows the dual exhaust (they're not hidden) and has chrome accents on the left and right sides of the back its a
You have no idea what you bought? The V6 is about $3000 more than the 4 cylinder model. I would think that would be an important factor when you're spending that much money on a car. Nevertheless, if you take a picture of the rear end of the car and share it I would be able to tell right away. The V6 shows the dual exhaust (they're not hidden) and has chrome accents on the left and right sides of the back bumper.
It's a V6..and my husband bought the car for me I don't keep up with the engine size and all that..i just drive it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't let my husband pick out my cars but in this case your husband did a great job! Since the car is still under warranty you can ask them to reset the transmission for you. I think you can definitely feel the shift more in the V6.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
I don't let my husband pick out my cars but in this case your husband did a great job! Since the car is still under warranty you can ask them to reset the transmission for you. I think you can definitely feel the shift more in the V6.
What drew you to the TLX? Just curious to get another perspective on the appeal of the TLX.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What drew you to the TLX? Just curious to get another perspective on the appeal of the TLX.
I own a acura long time ago..i have been waiting and watching but I didn't like the body type on all the others until now..

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
I own a acura long time ago..i have been waiting and watching but I didn't like the body type on all the others until now..
I was actually asking Gadgetgirl2 but thanks for weighing in also!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love the design. I have a 2015 V6 Tech. The love interior design, quiet cabin, premium sound, and comfortable leather seats. The V6 gives me the added punch. I have noticed with my V6 that the longer I have it, the better it shifts. I have not reset the tranny but thought about it. The Bellanova White body is enhanced with the Aero Trim which gives it a unique look. The first time I drove the car I knew it was the car for me.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
I love the design. I have a 2015 V6 Tech. The love interior design, quiet cabin, premium sound, and comfortable leather seats. The V6 gives me the added punch. I have noticed with my V6 that the longer I have it, the better it shifts. I have not reset the tranny but thought about it. The Bellanova White body is enhanced with the Aero Trim which gives it a unique look. The first time I drove the car I knew it was the car for me.
Great reasons! I also have the Bellanova White. Have you posted some pics of it with the Aero kit?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts