Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, I'm own tlx 2017 base model. it does not have a navigation system and apple car play. So, I'm going to replace it with 2018 display screen which has GPS navigation and apple car play features. I'm not sure if it works. Has anyone done it before? I just need apple car play or android auto and don't care navigation system if it works or not. I think this is a better choice and cheaper than navtool.

DSC02173.jpg

·
507 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm not sure that's possible especially with the way the upper and lower displays are integrated. I'd consult the dealer. If it is possible and you do it, post your story on the forum, I'm sure others would be interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've considered doing the same but have not gotten a definite answer about what's needed. I did read that the upper screen would need to be changed as well. Dealership will shut the idea down so it will have to be a DIY. A guy in a FB group said he did it but didn't give much info.

Post results if it happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In order to make this all work, you need the main unit, the top screen, control panel to activate carplay, the carplay module and the usb ports. Once you have all the parts, it's all plug and play.

·
682 Posts
If you proceed, let us know the outcome. Document as much as you can and share it with the forum.
Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts