Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently updated the map on my 2018 TLX navigation. I ordered the 2019 Brown "X" version 12.500.2 Disc 1 and 12.510.6 Disc 2.

The not being able to drive the car while the DVD's were read and downloaded to the HDD still seems excessive. The actual map update in the background went very well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The big thing I noticed is that it gives much more instructions. It starts telling you what to do next earlier and continues until it is finished. Sometimes I would say to myself, "I know what to do already, give me a break."

I am sure that they went that way because some people probably complained that there wasn't enough instructions before. The other thing I noticed is that it will update the map and information for the next leg quicker and maybe a couple of times before finished.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is the interface response any faster? I feel that entering the location is excruciating because of how long it takes for the system to respond to each click.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it has more normal response times now.

The only thing that I miss is that it should have an option for a more direct route. To keep you on major highways, i.e. Interstates and US highways , it will sometimes routes you a little out of the way.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You don't have Apple Carplay or Android Auto? I can't see buying the update for the built in Navigation. How about real time traffic, does that work any better?

·
487 Posts
You don't have Apple Carplay or Android Auto? I can't see buying the update for the built in Navigation. How about real time traffic, does that work any better?
I agree. With the ability to use Google Maps through Android Auto I have no interest in buying the nav updates.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That works if you pay for the service through AcuraLink.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts