Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Interesting. So it would seem that, based on VIN, you vehicle can be cleared, or needs to be inspected to be cleared/fixed.

As opposed to actually 'knowing' by VIN?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had ordered my TLX SH-AWD in September, but finally was emailed the VIN the night before last. Should I assume it is now among those that have been cleared? Any thoughts on when I might expect delivery?

·
Registered
681 Posts
the only way I found out was the dealer telling me the VIN was not part of the recall - thus not under the stop sale order. I'd suggest your dealer will know best; I am not convinced the acura recall website will be updated until Jan 6

·
Registered
666 Posts
I had ordered my TLX SH-AWD in September, but finally was emailed the VIN the night before last. Should I assume it is now among those that have been cleared? Any thoughts on when I might expect delivery?
There is a good chance that it was built after the problem had been rectified (there is a post somewhere with the build date ranges). Time to delivery after getting the VIN is usually about 2-3 weeks, but with the holidays and the priority is getting vehicles already in stock cleared it could be longer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks! Because my 2003 TL-S had been totaled (sigh, a long story), the dealer has been generous in helping me out with a TSX loaner. It's not, of course, the SH-AWD, but a lot better than anything I could've rented. I know he wants it back, along with his dealer plates. Neither of us had any way of knowing the delivery would be this delayed, but I've had the loaner 3 weeks now. I'm hoping he will do everything to expedite delivery...if it's another two or three weeks, so be it.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Because my 2003 TL-S had been totaled (sigh, a long story), the dealer has been generous in helping me out with a TSX loaner. It's not, of course, the SH-AWD, but a lot better than anything I could've rented. I know he wants it back, along with his dealer plates. Neither of us had any way of knowing the delivery would be this delayed, but I've had the loaner 3 weeks now. I'm hoping he will do everything to expedite delivery...if it's another two or three weeks, so be it.
Wow! You have a great dealer. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.