Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is little over 2 weeks since I own this car. So far, I added the following to my TLX,

1. Weathertech floor liners front & back - like the front but the back seems flimsy and does not look like a Weathertech make(I don't think I see Weathertech seal imprinted on the rear ones)

2. Got under body coating done - It is a rubberized coating, makes the undercarriage look all black and hope it keeps it protected. Have good experience with my previous car which had similar coating.

3. Xpel clear bra on full front - It came out very good, cant see any edges, even from few inches away, unless you touch them. I guess I need to keep edges free from dust to keep it looking good.

Don't have any plans on further additions since my total crossed 37K till date. Like to have mud flaps & Remote start in the near future(before winter).

Reactions: Summest

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I would agree if a person plans on keeping a car. It's not worth the extra money for a leased vehicle......in my option of course ;)
I hope to break even or near it by leasing. I put too many miles on my cars every year. I did keep my 1984 Honda Accord around till the engine blew in 1994 or '95, but since then, the last few cars I bought I ended trading them in for a new car. I would have to bargain to get my money back. This time with a lease, I won't have to beg to get the money out of the car since I didn't put it in to begin with. This is my first lease. I am hoping to turn it in in 3 years with less than 60,000 miles on it.

When I retire, then I may go back to buying a car and keep it longer, but then again, a new car every three years is nice. I probably could get a 12,000 miles a year lease at that point. Guess I need to see how smooth the return on my 2015 TLX goes in 2018. :)

Of course, opinions may vary. That is why we have choices. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree with Summest. I purchased the car so I had to take on these additional work to keep it looking good for years, I would not have done anything had I leased the car.

Reactions: Summest
1 - 5 of 5 Posts