Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share the news sooner but I thought I would wait a few weeks to make sure it is not a fluke.
So as of mid January, I have noticed that my transmission has been improving to the point that the performance felt dramatically different - just on its own ! :eek:No software upgrades, no fluid changes, nothing. No more harsh and jerky shifting in slow traffic, no more hesitation when taking off. The ride is perfectly smooth in the Normal mode and still a bit less smooth or rather still a bit oversensitive in Sport (don't use Econ) but noticeably different than before. The only persisting issue still manifesting every day is when the car is not driven for a while (overnight or parked all day) and I shift back from R to D there is still a 2 second delay and if I rush the shift from R to D, then it hits hard when switched to D.

Again, it's been almost two months so I do hope this kind of "self healing" process that has happened is for real. Of course this is so strange and I don't have any explanation why and how for this "auto fix". What adds to the puzzle is that we've had a very long stretch of super cold weather so I was expecting worse performance rather than this pleasant surprise; go figure.

I have a service appointment scheduled for tomorrow for the first maintenance although I still have 30% oil health at 7500 kms, but we are going for a long trip this Friday and I don't want to come back home at 0%. I have also received a recall letter for software update addressing the missing audible alert for passing traffic when reversing. In addition I have a fairly long list for them to work on but of course the tranny issue will be the main topic. Will report when I get the car back.

Maybe one small extra detail....from the mileage perspective, the tranny issues started surfacing around 700 km and the improvement was first noticed at around 5500 km.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wow - great news, but a little bizarre. It took several thousand kilometers for the learning to really begin? I wouldn't blame the cold temperatures.

It will be interesting what your dealer says. Maybe your TLX knows it is going to see the Master tomorrow, and is trying to get in your good books :)

Reactions: Summest
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.