Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I recently purchased the I4 with the Tech Package and I'm in love with the car already.

One thing I noticed is when you unlock the car with the remote, the turn signals in the front, back, and the side view mirrors blink just like any other car.

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to get the DRLs to also blink with the rest of the lights.

I think it would look really neat at night and bring out the beauty of the Jewel Eye LEDs.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello guys. I recently purchased the I4 with the Tech Package and I'm in love with the car already.

One thing I noticed is when you unlock the car with the remote, the turn signals in the front, back, and the side view mirrors blink just like any other car.

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to get the DRLs to also blink with the rest of the lights.

I think it would look really neat at night and bring out the beauty of the Jewel Eye LEDs.
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Glad you are enjoying your TLX.

I thought the DRLs come on when you unlock the door? I haven't tried from the remote much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you =)

Even when you unlock the door, the DRLs don't come on.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Thank you =)

Even when you unlock the door, the DRLs don't come on.
Even at night?

I thought for sure the lights come on at night when I placed my hand behind the handle. If you say otherwise, I will have to check. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, not even at night.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Have you checked car settings for lights on/off choices ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. I have messed around with the settings but nothing =(

I'm pretty sure all the TLXs are like that.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Works fine for me. I tested as I left work. I tried the remote and walkup method. Drls came on as I thought. Either there is a setting, your car is defective or we are talking about something else entirely different.

I just made it to the restaurant and two mojitos are waiting for my attention.

Later.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Works fine for me. I tested as I left work. I tried the remote and walkup method. Drls came on as I thought. Either there is a setting, your car is defective or we are talking about something else entirely different.

I just made it to the restaurant and two mojitos are waiting for my attention.

Later.
Summest, would you be able to make a short video of what you're describing? Thanks.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Summest, would you be able to make a short video of what you're describing? Thanks.
If you think a video would help after my explanation, let me know and I can see what I can do.

But here are my test steps:

As I walk to the car after the sun has gone down, I examine my key fob remote and press the unlock button. From a distance, I see the DRLs and tailights come on solid and stay on. In this timespan, I see the turn signals on the car and external mirrors flash. I believe the inside light comes on.

As I am still walking, I want to reset the test so I can try the handle test. On the key fob remote, I press the lock button. I can't remember any flash at this point, but the lights go out after a preset time (30 seconds).

When I get to the car, I place my hand on the driver's door handle with my fingers curled around the handle. Immediately the car beeps, DRLs and Taillights turn on and the turn signals on the car and external mirrors flash. The inside cabin light is lit.

I am not sure about how this process works in the daylight, but I think the DRLs come on and stay on after pressing the unlock button. All of the other lights probably flash once since they are not needed in the day time.

Now I did find, if the car is already locked and you hit lock again, it will chirp and the DRLs will not flash, but the other lights do flash. This is a way to check to see if the car locked properly, or just because you like the sound or because you like to show off.

It's a simple process. Doesn't your car act the same as mine?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I figured it out, and I'm about to go outside and try it.

I had set my light off timer to 0 second, which means as soon as I step out the car and close the door, the lights turn off.

When I unlock the car with the remote, the DRLs don't come on because my timer is set to 0.

Hopefully that is the problem- I'll find out in the next 20 minutes.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I think you may have figured it out. I think it's odd to affect the car's DRLs that way, but we have seen other weird things occur on the TLX before. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm going to make a video tomorrow morning to show you guys what I'm talking about.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I'm going to make a video tomorrow morning to show you guys what I'm talking about.
Cool. I guess that wasn't the solution.

Looking forward to seeing your movie. I charged my HD Camera in case I need to make one. :)

A movie should clears things up, if needed.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Video Made

Okay. I made a video today between running errands around town.

I did learn that the DRLs do not come on when you unlock the car when it is daylight, but they do come on when you put the car into drive.

I confirmed that at night, the DRLs do come on and stay on just by unlocking the car. (Simulated low light in my garage.)

Hopefully this explains what I tried to state earlier.

Looking forward to seeing the differences in Blackcl's video.

http://youtu.be/meFGvIslScQ

·
Registered
681 Posts
I did learn that the DRLs do not come on when you unlock the car when it is daylight, but they do come on when you put the car into drive.

I confirmed that at night, the DRLs do come on and stay on just by unlocking the car. (Simulated low light in my garage.)
That's wild - Acura went to the effort to link the DRL with the lighting sensor and unlock mechanism for the operation. Devil in the Details I suppose!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay. I made a video today between running errands around town.

Hopefully this explains what I tried to state earlier.

Looking forward to seeing the differences in Blackcl's video.

http://youtu.be/meFGvIslScQ
That's an awesome video. Good job!

I think we all know what I'm talking about now. If your headlight off timer is set to 0 then the low beams don't come on even at night.

The issue that I was having was when I unlock the car, along with the side marker bulbs, I wanted my DRLs to also flash (day time and night)

I know there has to be some type of wiring that can make this possible. I think it would look amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKxCoB3Z2Vs

My crappy video =)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
That's an awesome video. Good job!

I think we all know what I'm talking about now. If your headlight off timer is set to 0 then the low beams don't come on even at night.

The issue that I was having was when I unlock the car, along with the side marker bulbs, I wanted my DRLs to also flash (day time and night)

I know there has to be some type of wiring that can make this possible. I think it would look amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKxCoB3Z2Vs

My crappy video =)
Thanks.

Also thanks for bringing this subject forward. I just assumed my DRLs came on during the daytime as well as a night. I also didn't know about setting them to 0 would have this effect you mentioned.

Also, thanks for the video. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.