Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if that's possible to unlock navigation "feature" that blocks address entry on the move? I'm still few days away from owning mine, but dealer already told me that it is the case indeed. Would really prefer to get rid of any blocks.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Does anyone know if that's possible to unlock navigation "feature" that blocks address entry on the move? I'm still few days away from owning mine, but dealer already told me that it is the case indeed. Would really prefer to get rid of any blocks.
You might be able to disable blocks for one driving session in the hidden menus, but the blocks are there for safety reasons.
:)

Maybe other members have found a way and/or have differing opinions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might be able to disable blocks for one driving session in the hidden menus, but the blocks are there for safety reasons.
:)

Maybe other members have found a way and/or have differing opinions.
If anyone did: please let me know! I guarantee safety of my wife (that manages the data entry) :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
On the topic of unlocking, I wouldn't mind also seeing the touch tones function being available while the car is moving.

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

Anyone figured this out yet? I would like to unlock the nav too since my wife can input address when I'm driving. It's really inconvenient for road trips.

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
Can you use voice commands while driving to enter a destination?
On Page 8 of the Owners Navigation Guide:
Scrolling through lists or tabs is limited while the vehicle is moving.
Certain screen functions are limited or inoperable while the vehicle is moving. For these functions, use available voice commands or pull over to proceed.
In addition on page 23:
The voice control system can only be used from the driver’s seat because the microphone unit removes noises from the front passenger’s side.
So the driver will need to speak!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
You can probably thank NHTSA for this, not Acura. Its part of their Distracted Driving guidelines.

Thanks Obama!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there not a way to reprogram the computer to allow for unblocking whatever feature? Where are the hackers when we need them..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts