Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting under body coating for my TLX. When I called them they said they are not going to remove any plastic/aluminum panels under the car while applying the coating but some how manage to get it under the panels.

Since TLX under body is mostly covered with panels, is it Ok just to get the exposed areas coated?

Also since wheel takes most of the beating, I want to remove wheel well covers and take it to get coated. Is it hard to take wheel well pastic/hard cloth covers off and put it back after the coating? Do I have to remove wheels to get well covers off?

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
Why are you getting under body coating? Are you in a harsh environment? If most of the under body is covered with plastic, doesn't that provide a good "under body coating?"

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question.. but there are still few exposed areas. To me coating is more than just for rust. I had(still have) two vehicles one with coating and one without parked in garage, the floor under coated vehicle is free of rust spots but the floor under the other car has many rust spots. I live in Chicago area, I think for $300 it is not a bad idea especially when I plan to keep the vehicles for long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts