Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway to turn off engine without turning off the radio?

Like if it's a key system, turning one notch would have shut the engine but still all accessories mode to be on.

·
Registered
438 Posts
page 76 of the owner's guide:
Turning the vehicle off: Shift to or select Park, then press ENGINE START/STOP.
If you press the button and the shift lever is not in Park, the vehicle goes into
Accessory mode.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
page 76 of the owner's guide:
Turning the vehicle off: Shift to or select Park, then press ENGINE START/STOP.
If you press the button and the shift lever is not in Park, the vehicle goes into
Accessory mode.
That's odd. I cannot find that in my manual. I can only find this reference to car wash mode on page 334.

If you want to keep the transmission in (N position [car wash mode]
With the engine running:
1. Press and hold the brake pedal.
2. Select N.
3. With in five seconds, press the ENGINE START/STOP button.
The power mode changes to ACCESSORY.
This puts the vehicle in car wash mode which must be used when your vehicle
is pulled through a conveyor type automatic car wash where you or an
attendant do not remain in the vehicle.
The gear position remains in (N with the power mode in ACCESSORY for 15
minutes, then, it automatically changes to P and the power mode changes to
OFF.
Manually changing to P cancels ACCESSORY mode. The P indicator comes on
and the power mode changes to OFF.

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Thanks! I see that now, but how does it know it's not in car wash mode if you put the car in Neutral. Maybe use anything but P or N? Car wash mode times out after 15 minutes.:confused:

I downloaded the guide. I was surprised I didn't have it already or find it on my DVD. Maybe I overlooked it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just tried, works
Though to turn off the car n leave u hv to shift to p, n then press the power switch a couple of times to get accessory mode to turn off

·
Registered
438 Posts
you want to turn back to P as well?

then shut off the engine and then press the power button again to turn back into accessory mode

·
Registered
438 Posts
What about the 15 minute timeout in Car Wash mode?
it looks like to activate the car wash mode you have to PRESS THE BRAKE PEDAL first before going to N

so my guess is the brake press triggers or differentiates between car wash mode and "this" mode

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
it looks like to activate the car wash mode you have to PRESS THE BRAKE PEDAL first before going to N

so my guess is the brake press triggers or differentiates between car wash mode and "this" mode
That's confusing. I will have to have a strong drink or two and read this again.:)

·
Registered
438 Posts
too much tech, i know

and honestly, im not surprised that by logic, this is how they determine what to do: by what steps you perform

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just tried, no need to press p after entering accessory mode, n pressing p....nothing happens, just press power button twice to turn car off

·
Registered
317 Posts
Shift it back to P turns off everything too.
OK, maybe I've read the thread too fast....I don't loose the accessory mode if I move the selector from N to P, power just stays there. So the use case would be as follows:
1. Driving and listening to the radio or talking on the phone (via the BT interface of course)
2. Arrived at destination but want to finish the call without switching to the handset.
3. Move the gear selector to N, push the red button - engine shuts off, power stays on so I can continue the conversation.
4. Move the selector right away to P and apply hand break - power still stays on.
5. Conversation finished, ready to go - push the red button, everything dies, open the door, driver seat moves all the way back.

Apologies if I am stating the obvious but I am a bit confused....:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you engine is running, you can shut off your engine while transmission is in Park like normal. If you want to keep the radio/accessory mode on, after shutting off your engine, press the button without your foot on the brake, wait about 2 seconds and then the radio/accessory mode will come on.

There is no need to shut off the engine while not in Park to get accessory mode.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, maybe I've read the thread too fast....I don't loose the accessory mode if I move the selector from N to P, power just stays there. So the use case would be as follows:
1. Driving and listening to the radio or talking on the phone (via the BT interface of course)
2. Arrived at destination but want to finish the call without switching to the handset.
3. Move the gear selector to N, push the red button - engine shuts off, power stays on so I can continue the conversation.
4. Move the selector right away to P and apply hand break - power still stays on.
5. Conversation finished, ready to go - push the red button, everything dies, open the door, driver seat moves all the way back.

Apologies if I am stating the obvious but I am a bit confused....:)

Maybe there's a little difference between the 2.4 and the V6 gears/electronics.

I have the 2.4

1 - 3 the same behavior
4 - Turns off power as soon as I shift it to P

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you engine is running, you can shut off your engine while transmission is in Park like normal. If you want to keep the radio/accessory mode on, after shutting off your engine, press the button without your foot on the brake, wait about 2 seconds and then the radio/accessory mode will come on.

There is no need to shut off the engine while not in Park to get accessory mode.
I was going to suggest the same. The car wash mode is kind of neat.

Any way to make it so the radio stays on after you shut the engine down until you open the door? My GM car has this, and it's a nice feature.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.