Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm from Toronto, Canada. Seems like there are a lot of Canucks already on this forum. I currently have a 2005 TSX but I'm itching to get my hands on a TLX. I probably won't actually get one for a couple of years though. First of all, my TSX is modified quite a bit and I'm not ready to get rid of it yet. Secondly, as much as I want a TLX now, I want to wait and see if future model years will have features that I wouldn't want to miss out on. If they come out with a Type S, for example, I'd probably have to get that one.

Here's some pics of my TSX in case anyone's interested. I still love it but its lack of tech is really dating the car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments guys.

About the Honda questions, I just replaced my front grille and rear emblem with JDM equivalents. As some have already mentioned, the first generation TSX was sold as the Honda Accord everywhere else in the world outside of North America, with the most popular being the Accord Euro R, available only in Japan.

A lot of TSX owners do this conversion just to be different from all the other TSXs out there. I've actually switched back to my Acura grille and I definitely wouldn't put Honda emblems on a TLX. The TLX was designed and built in the US and it just wouldn't make sense. My TSX, however, was designed and built in Japan, and simply rebadged an Acura in North America.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I like the subtlety with your mods, they are more about substance and less about "look at me" flash. I have seen too many that are no longer stylish but just ugly here on the west coast. Nicely done, including the Honda badges.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the subtlety with your mods, they are more about substance and less about "look at me" flash. I have seen too many that are no longer stylish but just ugly here on the west coast. Nicely done, including the Honda badges.
Thanks. I really appreciate that. I like to be unique just as much as the next guy but I'll never do something just to be different and stand out. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. That's my motto when it comes to modding.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A bit of trivia maybe some members may not know, Acura brand only exists in North America (US & Canada) and Hong Kong (China).

The rest of the world, Honda.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts