Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used that TrueCar service? A friend of mine bought a Civic recently and was extremely pleased.

I looked on their website this morning to see if they have a negotiated price up for the TLX, but it's not on the site yet.

What does everyone think of TrueCar? My thought is TrueCar or the Costco automotive program may be the best way to negotiate a discount off of this brand new model.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone ever used that TrueCar service? A friend of mine bought a Civic recently and was extremely pleased.

I looked on their website this morning to see if they have a negotiated price up for the TLX, but it's not on the site yet.

What does everyone think of TrueCar? My thought is TrueCar or the Costco automotive program may be the best way to negotiate a discount off of this brand new model.
Everything I've read about people buying the TLX is MSRP - loyalty discount. There is no incentive whatsoever for Acura to sell the car below MSRP. You will need to wait a couple of months before dealers start negotiating.

·
Registered
181 Posts
TrueCar is great for seeing what others are paying so that you can fight the good fight....but I agree with razingkane.....I doubt that you are going to see any discounts this early on this car, esp with the starting price point, and all of the good reviews.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks to TrueCar.com I got $3000 off last time I shopped for a car. Bring your certificate from Truecar.com to a dealer and he will accept it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wow $3000 off is a great amount of get off the purchase of your vehicle.
Hopefully many people will be able to get that much off or more with the TLX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to several dealers and they all immediately went below MSRP except one. I paid about $1500 below MSRP as I just wanted the car and did not push it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In my experience both TrueCar and the Costco program don't seem to offer discounts on cars that have just been released. Wait a couple of months and once the dealer inventory has built up then you will see some good prices.

·
Registered
11 Posts
None of the Acura dealers in my area, Dallas/Ft. Worth, would negotiate at all. I finally got to test drive the 4 cylinder with the tech package. It was a nice car but I wasn't awed by it at all. The stock wheels look pretty plain Jane and I couldn't see paying $2200.00 for upgraded wheels. After a lot of soul searching I decided to buy a Honda Accord. I got an EX-L for $26000.00. That car has about 95% of the features of the TLX and is about $9,000 less money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts