Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was pulling out into traffic and upon accelerating, my car redlined, hitting the rev limiter hard before finally slamming into gear and letting out a loud squeal. I have also noticed the occasional vibration/shudder between shifts. The car only has about 35k and the trans was replaced at 11k. What would cause this to happen? Clutches going bad? Torque converter? Anyone experience this before? I scheduled an appointment to bring it in, but I have really lost a lot of faith in this brand and its service. Any information would be appreciated.

· Registered
6 Posts
The other day I was pulling out into traffic and upon accelerating, my car redlined, hitting the rev limiter hard before finally slamming into gear and letting out a loud squeal. I have also noticed the occasional vibration/shudder between shifts. The car only has about 35k and the trans was replaced at 11k. What would cause this to happen? Clutches going bad? Torque converter? Anyone experience this before? I scheduled an appointment to bring it in, but I have really lost a lot of faith in this brand and its service. Any information would be appreciated.
I also get the vibrations in when shifting.

· Registered
22 Posts
google , relearn transmission or reset transmission or something like that you can get the computer to reset the learned transmission behavior and the computer will re learn the way you drive , this is on utube i will look for it and if i can find it i will post :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts