Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am oooh soo close to pulling the trigger on a TLX. I have a firm price in place and I want to go ahead an buy it. The ONLY thing that is holding me back is I keep reading all these posts on the transmission issues. I am looking to buy a 2.4 with tech package. My question is, does everyone have some sort of issue with their transmission?? If not, does anyone have any idea what the percentage may be? Only for the 4 cyl 2.4, not worried about the 6 cyl issues. My other question is, do the later builds have these issues?? I read where even some people that have received the software update are still having issues.
I would like to hear from people that have never had any issues with their TLX and how many miles you have currently on your car. I would also like to hear from the people that are having issues with their transmission and about what mileage it started at... and if the software update fixed your issue.

I know this part is a stretch, but does anyone know how one would check to see if a car has been patched already? I would like to look for myself if possible before I buy. If you ask the salesman, of course they're going to say all their cars have been patched already. And you can tell that that's the "company answer" to the problem. Any they don't care to discuss any further. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can't say the ratio of problem transmissions but the only major piece of advice I could give you is test drive the specific car you are buying. Drive it thorough (through as many slow/fast scenarios) and drive it hard and pay close attention to the feel of the shifts. Most had difficulties almost right away so that should at least reduce your chances. If the Acura salesperson has any issues with it I would point out the perceived issues and I'm sure they will understand. Good luck and happy hunting.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My 2.4 TLX Tech is a Apr 2015 build and I have not experienced any shift issues mentioned on this forum. To my understanding, most shift issues were with earlier builds. Also my previous car was a Honda Accord and I am used to feeling the shift and I feel TLX shifts much smoother than my 97 Accord.

·
Registered
191 Posts
To balance a little on lot of v6 hard 2-3 shifts, yes is is noticeable but only a discomfort now (seems this was not the case for early buyers but I can't say, I didn't tried first TLXs last years).
Maybe dangerous if you continue to depress accelerator to ask more power in 2nd gear, but if you wait a little / learn your gearbox, it is only a little glitch in face of a mountain of excellent things in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.