Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '17 TLX Advance with the (SH-AWD) and the ZF 9 speed transmission, I currently have 106k on the car. The transmission seems sluggish tat times when I first hit the gas, but otherwise preforms slowly. I recently inquired at a repair shop about doing a transmission fluid flush, and they said if it's never been done previously with the current mileage, it can cause more harm than good. I have only had the car for about 6 months and don't see in the history where transmission flush has ever been performed. My question is, does what guy told me about it doing more harm than good accurate? TIA!

·
Registered
2015 TLX Advance V6
68 Posts
I have a '17 TLX Advance with the (SH-AWD) and the ZF 9 speed transmission, I currently have 106k on the car. The transmission seems sluggish tat times when I first hit the gas, but otherwise preforms slowly. I recently inquired at a repair shop about doing a transmission fluid flush, and they said if it's never been done previously with the current mileage, it can cause more harm than good. I have only had the car for about 6 months and don't see in the history where transmission flush has ever been performed. My question is, does what guy told me about it doing more harm than good accurate? TIA!
Carfax may show if the trans fluid has been changed before. The 9 speed normally feels a little sluggish, especially in normal mode, driving in sport mode seems to help. An Acura dealer can tell you if the trans is operating normally or not. I have a 2015 V6 Advance FWD with 101K miles, hands down the best all around car that I have ever owned. I have owned the car for over 2 yrs. and plan on keeping it for another 10 yrs. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts