Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wondering if anyone has had their initial maintenance minder go off for the transmission fluid change? Trying to get an idea of when it might happen. With my previous cars I would change it every 30,000 miles... looking in the manual it calls out at 40,000 miles for hill or towing use. I don't tow but now with 43,000 milies on the car I am wondering when it is might be indicating its time for a change. At 50,000 miles?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had a fluid change on my 2015 TLX. I received a mailing from Acura. I have also recently (60K miles) had a transmission shift error, which caused me to limp into the nearest Acura dealer. They reset the codes and got me going. I cannot help but wonder if the very expensive change is a good way for Acura to void your future transmission waranty repairs because the service reccomendation was not met. The nine speed transmission has had problems since the beginning. Are we all paying this price because of their poor transmission engineering? That would be a good way to unload the problem on the customers.
Exactly. Mine suggests 30k.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Have you had a MM with an oil change indicator lately? I might be triggered with the next oil change needed.

Does this forum have a procedure for the Z9?
Here’s a good post that includes the ZF9 transmission.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here’s a good post that includes the ZF9 transmission.

Thanks for posting that. This doesn't seem too terribly difficult and it would save a boatload of $ if I did it myself instead of taking it to the dealer. My only concern is running the car through 1st-4th gears. I don't have a post lift (obviously) so I would worry about the safety of running the car when only being supported by jackstands. Has anyone here followed this procedure at home?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks but what do you do in the VSA MM? Get into that mode and...?

·
Registered
2015 TLX Advance V6
55 Posts
Has anyone used a full synthetic ATF that's not an acura brand ATF?
Some Odyssey and MDX owners have used Valvoline Maxlife Multi -vehicle for their 9 speeds with no problems.
Rock auto shows Valvoline Maxlife for a replacement for Acura / Honda 3.1. I may make the switch next time around after doing more research.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts