Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all -

Howdy from Texas. I have lurked here now and then and man, what a great resource. I am likely going to try and purchase a TLX in the next few weeks.

Looking at the I4 w/ Tech package (Black w/ espresso).

Just confirming that the transmission issues with both models (I4 and V6) have been resolved -- I know there is the class action suit that was filed in February and didn't know if I bought one now if I would be good to go or if I should hold out for a 2016 model.

Acura wasn't very helpful when I asked about some of the 2016 specs, but that's to be expected....thanks in advance!

·
Registered
255 Posts
We were, likely, all lurkers once. Welcome to the forum!
Bought my I-4 on March 1st. No issues at all...
Enjoy the experience!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello all -

Howdy from Texas. I have lurked here now and then and man, what a great resource. I am likely going to try and purchase a TLX in the next few weeks.

Looking at the I4 w/ Tech package (Black w/ espresso).

Just confirming that the transmission issues with both models (I4 and V6) have been resolved -- I know there is the class action suit that was filed in February and didn't know if I bought one now if I would be good to go or if I should hold out for a 2016 model.

Acura wasn't very helpful when I asked about some of the 2016 specs, but that's to be expected....thanks in advance!
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post.

Please tell us more about yourself. The I4 Tech is a nice car.

We do get this question a lot. Please browse through the forum and read the threads. The search tool can be quite useful to see if and how your questions were previously answered.

Hardly anyone complains that they have a good transmission, but it feels like the posts about bad trans issues have subsided a bit. That doesn't mean there has been a miraculous cure.

After reviewing the posts, please feel free to ask questions in the individual sections of the forum if your questions remain unanswered.

·
Registered
317 Posts
By the way who did you speak with when you asked for 2016 specs?

That experience might just vary from person to person, usually when I run into people like that I call back and speak with someone else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts