Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Could this be the start of an possible tranny issue - car is in "normal" drive in low speed (residential area), come to a stop at a T - intersection and then for a right turn I try to accelerate... the car revs up as if it's in neutral but it's in drive. The RPM goes to about 4K then I let go of the gas then RPM comes down and suddenly the car jerks forward as the gear for ward gear catches.

This only happened once but I've been noticing at low speeds the shifting is a bit rough at times.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

This is a 2015 TLX Base with ~54k miles. The basic warranty is over but the powertrain warranty is still in effect so would something like this be covered?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
729 Posts
Welcome tot he forum.
Have not really heard of any issues with the 8-speed DCT on the I4. Sounds like it is repeatable: from a stop right turn and ...
Are you the original owner? Has there been any maintenance on that trainsmission?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It only happened once at an intersection. I am the original owner. The tranny fluid has not been changed as far as I can remember. How frequently does it need changing on this model?

·
Super Moderator
729 Posts
There is a Maintenance Sub Item that includes replacing the tranmission fluid.
● Replace transmission fluid*4
*4: Driving in mountainous areas at very low vehicle speeds results in higher transmission temperature. This requires transmission fluid changes more frequently than recommended by the Maintenance Minder. If you regularly drive your vehicle under these conditions, have the transmission fluid changed at 40,000 miles (64,000 km), then every 30,000 miles (48,000 km).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The firmware was updated (for the tranny I guess). Hopefully this doesn’t happen again.

I also replaced the transmission fluid which was long due. They recommended the fuel injectors cleaned out as well because of heavy carbon build up. I don’t think this is related to transmission performance but they say this could have caused some sluggishness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Ummm if you are using any sort of reasonable gas you don't need that service.... and I would run away from what ever garage / stealer is telling you that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I only use 93 octane from Shell. Once in a blue moon Exxon. I was surprised about build up claim but let the dealership clean it out always.

Ummm if you are using any sort of reasonable gas you don't need that service.... and I would run away from what ever garage / stealer is telling you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Could this be the start of an possible tranny issue - car is in "normal" drive in low speed (residential area), come to a stop at a T - intersection and then for a right turn I try to accelerate... the car revs up as if it's in neutral but it's in drive. The RPM goes to about 4K then I let go of the gas then RPM comes down and suddenly the car jerks forward as the gear for ward gear catches.

This only happened once but I've been noticing at low speeds the shifting is a bit rough at times.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

This is a 2015 TLX Base with ~54k miles. The basic warranty is over but the powertrain warranty is still in effect so would something like this be covered?

Thanks.
I have the same issue, and it has happen to me 3 to 4 times. I also experience a jerk when coming to a stop. I am taking it in, I will post what repair or fix they come up with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts