Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
i think specs says towing is not recommended for the TLX?

·
Registered
10 Posts
According to Curt (Trailer Hitches)... they are waiting for a TLX to become available to measure up for as hitch.

Although towing is not recommended, I will install a hitch in order to accommodate my bicycle rack. Also we may tow a luggage trailer (400 lbs or so) if we decide to go to Florida for the winter. I do not consider this to be problematic for any car.

I expect that a hitch will be available by February or March.... if not.... I will offer my TLX to Curt to measure up for a hitch. I expect to have my TLX sometime late February or early March.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Any info on when a trailer hitch might be available for the TLX?

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

If you don't need your warranty a trailer hitch might work fine. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to Curt (Trailer Hitches)... they are waiting for a TLX to become available to measure up for as hitch.

Although towing is not recommended, I will install a hitch in order to accommodate my bicycle rack. Also we may tow a luggage trailer (400 lbs or so) if we decide to go to Florida for the winter. I do not consider this to be problematic for any car.

I expect that a hitch will be available by February or March.... if not.... I will offer my TLX to Curt to measure up for a hitch. I expect to have my TLX sometime late February or early March.

Thanks for the info. I am in a similar position. Current lease on a 2012 Camry is due in April/2015. Currently tow a late model Sea-doo in summer and a sled in winter. The Seadoo is heavy @ $800 lbs plus steel trailer so in excess of 1000 lbs and you wouldn't even know it's attached. So if a Camry Hybrid can tow those two then a V6 Acura should be even easier. Also use the receiver for a bike rack. No hitch no TLX.

As for warranty I am not concerned. Worst case is that I remove it if serious tranny issues developed. However, the wiring harness concerns me more. My son's 2014 RDX had a plug a play wiring harness. That would be sweet.

I know Curt made a hitch for the TL and TSX. Same unit. So I'm sure eventually they'll offer a TLX version. So looking forward to this car in AWD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.