Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.4 Tech: I'm in the 1st month of complementary XM use. Not lovin' the Nav as much as my other cars. (MB, Volvo) To me in the Metroplex I really like to survey the fwy traffic for congestion before I launch. My cars have shown easy to view red or yellow icons by the road for traffic info. Not seeing it in the TLX. Ihave traffic selected in the nav menu. Can you advise how to get a display of the traffic or is it an XM problem???? Thanks in advance.:(

·
Registered
423 Posts
If its the same as here in Canada then the live traffic updates aren't linked to the XM radio subscription, although that is where the data is pulled from you get it as part of AcuraLink.

Do you get a years free subscription to that in the states? If not that is why. If you do make sure its activated which should have been done on delivery!

·
Registered
520 Posts
You may have to zoom out. I think there is a range of zooms that show traffic.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I like 3D view best and traffic shows as a line to the right of the actual road displayed in green, orange:, and red to indicate traffic flow. Dotted lines indicate no recent update. A road by my home has been shown with dotted lines for the last six months and it is a well used 4 lane road.

There is also a straight line in red from your current location to the destination. See p120 of the Navigation Manual.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I occasionally see warning signs near the road if there is an accident or congestion.

I always see solid green, yellow or red lines, but I know dashed lines are possible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I do see the lines you reference but they sure are darn thin and hard to see. I'm so disappointed in the nav system display that I would have passed this car over if I'd realized what Acura provided.
I considered a new ILX for a fun car later this year but I've dropped that idea.
Shame cause the TLX sure drives better that most of its competition.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe time for new glasses?
Could be. Though Dr says I'm 20/20/. Can't figure why Acura would put such a low resolution screen in such a high tech car. Or maybe it's the software. My 2 yr old MB's screen is very sharp and detailed.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well maybe it is me! My eye sight is pretty bad with strong corrective glasses but I can clearly see the traffic line with the 3D viewed displayed. It is quite satisfactory for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well maybe it is me! My eye sight is pretty bad with strong corrective glasses but I can clearly see the traffic line with the 3D viewed displayed. It is quite satisfactory for me.
I'll switch to 3D to see if it gets better. Thanks.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I'll switch to 3D to see if it gets better. Thanks.
When you try 3D, check out the adjustment that allows you to set your perspective angle. I think I set mine at 5. It seems to work and look better for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts