Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new TLX owner here. Have a 2020 TLX. Took it to my regular tire shop and got a new set of rims, tires and TPMS installed. These are not Acura/Honda OEM, but MAX-SENSORS (purple ones). The tech went through their programming routine as defined by the TPMS machine. They work great for about 15 minutes, then I get the TPMS warning on the dash, and a couple of Acuralink messages. The light stays on (usually) for the balance of my 45 minute commute. Same thing on the way home...after about 15 minutes I get the error/warning light. The odd time it will reset along the rest of the drive.

Any thoughts? Should I just break down and have them install OEM sensors?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Those sensors must not be compatible with the TPMS system. I have a separate set of snow tires/wheels w/ Acura OEM TPMS sensors from a 2015-2017. Similar to what you are experiencing, it takes a little bit of driving after installing them for the TPMS warning and Acura link messages to come up. I determined they were not compatible after the first round of taking them back in to be sync'd back up w/ the TPMS system and the issue persisting. I also confirmed it with my dealership. There may be a compatible aftermarket sensor, but I don't know how to determine which may or may not be compatible unless it state it is compatible with the make/model and year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts