Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
I can only assume that the receiver near that tire, reads the signal generated from the in-wheel sensor. So when you rotate the tires, the tire in the location it ends up at, sends it's signal and is received by the receiver nearby. The sensor only sends the signal a short distance so the Front Right receiver cannot "read" the sensor in the Front Left wheel.
So don't worry about it.

There is calibration of the system, that is done by the dealer at delivery.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry I should have clarified... when I rotate my tires, don't you have to "relearn" the new tire positions so the TPM system displays each tire's pressure correctly?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I would think the car would only have a fit if there was no sensor present at all or if the pressure had a major change. Its probably not smart enough to know which wheel goes where.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The system relearns by itself via the proximity of the sensor in the wheel to the control module in each wheel housing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How do you reset the TPM when tires are rotated?
I think I know what you mean. The current Nissan Altima has a TPMS reset button if the tire pressure readings are off, but Honda/Acuras do not have it.

Just to clarify, the Altima does not have TPMS sensors in each wheel. It measures the wheel rotation (how many times the wheel turns per second) and it estimates the PSI in each tire. The idea is that tires with low PSI rotate faster/slower than tires with high PSI. But when the PSI reading is inaccurate, you have to press the reset button. Honda/Acura vehicles actually use TPMS sensors which do not require this.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Makes sense I was just reading about the 2 types of TPMs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts