Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As seen in the pics below. The rubber is torn between the driver and passenger door. I have no idea how it happened, just notice it this morning. Any one else experience this? I'm going to take it to the dealer, hopefully I don't have to pay out of pocket.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let us know what they say and if they cover it under warranty. I can't think of what would have done that.
Yea, I'm going to head up there(service place) tomorrow. Will report back.

I'm hoping that no idiot tried to jimmy the door open.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It is unusual but more likely some user inflicted damage rather than being delivered that way from the factory. I would be surprised if they replace it free of charge, but maybe you have a great relationship with the dealer.

·
Registered
727 Posts
It is unusual but more likely some user inflicted damage rather than being delivered that way from the factory. I would be surprised if they replace it free of charge, but maybe you have a great relationship with the dealer.
That's what I was thinking, it takes quite some effort to cause that knowing how touch that stripping is and the average thickness of them.

As for replacing it, with a replacement and labor, probably $300

·
Registered
260 Posts
Shouldn't be too expensive. Better to get it replaced though. I'm thinking that could let in some water if you leave the car out in the rain, not to mention asking for it to get worse. If I had to have something go wrong with the car though, this seems like a pretty easy fix and an understandable problem that doesn't make me question the quality of the car.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Shouldn't be too expensive. Better to get it replaced though. I'm thinking that could let in some water if you leave the car out in the rain, not to mention asking for it to get worse. If I had to have something go wrong with the car though, this seems like a pretty easy fix and an understandable problem that doesn't make me question the quality of the car.
Agreed. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been busy lately, but I went to the service department this morning. The guy said it looked like a user fault accidental tear, but before I could get a word in, he said free of charge this time since car is new and milage is low. I just have to wait about a week for the part to arrive then they will call me. So I'm happy about that.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Sometimes all we hear is bad press about a dealer who tries to rip off the customer or provides bad service. This one is special and should be given high marks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Been busy lately, but I went to the service department this morning. The guy said it looked like a user fault accidental tear, but before I could get a word in, he said free of charge this time since car is new and milage is low. I just have to wait about a week for the part to arrive then they will call me. So I'm happy about that.
Care to name the dealer whose service department treated you well?
I enjoy directing customers to retailers who take care of their customers properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts