Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my TLX SH-AWD Elite last night.

I look forward t learning about the vehicle and sharing my experiences on this forum.

Bruce

·
Registered
317 Posts
awesome, glad to have another real future owner on here.
what other vehicles have you looked at other than the TLX?
have you had the chance to see a TLX in person before putting through your order?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other than my '77 MGB, I'm all acura. I currently have a '99 3.2TL and an '04 MDX Tech.

I bought a deal with an RDX Tech and the TLX. The TLXs just hit the showrooms in Toronto yesterday, so I did go and see one before I placed my order.

I got the Graphite Luster Metallic with black interior on both vehicles.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I ordered my TLX SH-AWD Elite last night.

I look forward t learning about the vehicle and sharing my experiences on this forum.

Bruce
Nice job!
I ordered my TLX SH-AWD with Advance Package in White w/ Espresso interior 10 days ago. Can't wait for it to arrive!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Is the Advanced package in the US the same as the Elite package in Canada? If so, why name it differently?
Even the last generation its always been Elite in Canada... weird.
However, we benefit from front defroster, heated steering wheel, and the remote starter comes with Tech package, no need to get the Advance like in the US to get it. There might be more little features but those are the ones that I noticed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is the Advanced package in the US the same as the Elite package in Canada? If so, why name it differently?
Not sure why the difference in names, but you do get a few extra features since it's a little & a bit longer colder up there. Do you guys also get the heated back seats?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In Canada, heated rear seats are part of the Tech Package.

The "Elite" package adds:

• Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS)
  • Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) system
  • LED fog lights
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Parking Sensors (Front and Rear)
  • Perimeter/approach puddle lights

·
Registered
93 Posts
In Canada, heated rear seats are part of the Tech Package.

The "Elite" package adds:

• Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS)
  • Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) system
  • LED fog lights
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Parking Sensors (Front and Rear)
  • Perimeter/approach puddle lights
Yeah, we get that in the Advance Package (what I ordered). They also added
Auto dimming side-view mirrors (as well to fold them in & back out with a button).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As of today, there is no specific promise date for my vehicle. To paraphrase my dealer "there is no ETA or Build Date on the vehicle, but the order has been placed"

The SH-AWD cars were always planned to be later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bruce, be sure to sign up for the free 2 year maintenance program that Acura.ca is offering. It seems not a lot of folks are aware of this program. Deadline I think is next week.

-Jazzy

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually, the deadline for signing up for complementary maintenance is TODAY.

I don't think you need to buy your car by today... You just need to register your intent.

It was ridiculously simple at this link:

Introducing the All-New Acura 2015 TLX

Here are the terms of the offer: http://www.acura.ca/complimentarymaintenance

I think the dealer will connect with the registration on the back end once you purchase your vehicle.

·
Registered
93 Posts
OKAY... So... I called my dealer and asked him if he could change the colour of my order for a TLX SH-AWD Elite from Graphite to Black and get me a Launch Kit.

He came through!!!

#butstillwaitingpatientlyforshawdtoarrive
My dealer told me that they officially ordered mine last Thursday & they should start coming in mid to end of September. I guess they were keeping the AWD for last. At least we know now the time countdown has started :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Once we hear they have gone into production then we will know we are 3-4 weeks away if they follow the same schedules as the 4 and 6 front wheel drive TLX's
A few reviews I have read are saying wait for the SH-AWD if you are going v6.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts