Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the forum. My wife just got a new 2015 TLX 2.4 sans tech package. She has a Samsung galaxy S5 and has about 20 contacts on her phone, however when she syncs her phonebook, the car phonebook shows hundreds of entries, most of which do not have numbers. I have turned off Facebook sync, but I am not sure where these extra entries are coming from. There are so many that it bogs the system down for caller id and other functions and text message reading doesn't work at all.

I have tried deleting the phone from the car, and re-paring multiple times. Her phone only shows 20 contacts in her contacts list, but all of these other entries continue to show up.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi all,

New to the forum. My wife just got a new 2015 TLX 2.4 sans tech package. She has a Samsung galaxy S5 and has about 20 contacts on her phone, however when she syncs her phonebook, the car phonebook shows hundreds of entries, most of which do not have numbers. I have turned off Facebook sync, but I am not sure where these extra entries are coming from. There are so many that it bogs the system down for caller id and other functions and text message reading doesn't work at all.

I have tried deleting the phone from the car, and re-paring multiple times. Her phone only shows 20 contacts in her contacts list, but all of these other entries continue to show up.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. Sorry to hear it's an issue case. :(

I have 145 contacts with no issue on my Galaxy S4 running on 4.4.4.

I don't use facebook, but I wouldn't think that would be an issue. I can use Yahoo contacts and the device contacts but I only choose Google contacts. All 145 contacts are not duplicated and appear fine on the phone and on the ELS console.

All I did was pair the phone and allowed it to sync my address book. Had no issues in the 5 months since.

Maybe someone else in the forum can help.

What if you tried your phone, just as a test?

Definitely still under warranty, so if nothing resolves your issue here, ask the dealer. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts