Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got them installed today. Honda OEM Gen 9 19" diamond forged HFP wheels with 19" Yokohoma 245/45 wheels. Perfect fit, no issues at all with swapping TPM. We were also able to use the Acura logo center hubs from the stock 17" wheels. This was a quick picture, the car is dirty from rain and I cant wash it since its just going to keep raining. These guys can be found on the internet for $250 each. The Acura version is really the exact same wheel with a bit different design and the cheapest I could find them was $450 each on the internet. I personally think the Honda versions look better. These are lighter then the stock rims something I noticed when I also put these on my Accord in place of its 17" rims too. These actually seem to fit a little bit better then they did on the accord making me think wider tires could go in there.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Very nice ! Do they come in 18" size by any chance ?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Beautiful ! What's the tire size ? Can you go a bit wider than the OEM specs ? Also, what's the ride quality ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just drove it around on chores and it rides *very* well. I was used to them on the Accord which got pretty rough. The TLX rides much smoother in general. Didn't notice any added road noise. I think the 45 series tires help keep it down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got them installed today. Honda OEM Gen 9 19" diamond forged HFP wheels with 19" Yokohoma 245/45 wheels. Perfect fit, no issues at all with swapping TPM. We were also able to use the Acura logo center hubs from the stock 17" wheels. This was a quick picture, the car is dirty from rain and I cant wash it since its just going to keep raining. These guys can be found on the internet for $250 each. The Acura version is really the exact same wheel with a bit different design and the cheapest I could find them was $450 each on the internet. I personally think the Honda versions look better. These are lighter then the stock rims something I noticed when I also put these on my Accord in place of its 17" rims too. These actually seem to fit a little bit better then they did on the accord making me think wider tires could go in there.

Your wheels look great on the TLX. Are you considering adding a body kit? GD from San Jose

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like them but I also don't find them to be particularly special. They just look like nice, but normal rims in my opinion. I will say that often times people choose rims that are over the top so it is a good thing that these rims don't fall into that trap.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Seeing an accord and TLX like this.... the Accord still looks great, at least those buying an Accord still get some premiumness when it comes to looks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just bought a base TLX and would like to get rid of the ugly stock 17's. Are there any Acura center caps that will fit these 19" Honda wheels?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Just bought a base TLX and would like to get rid of the ugly stock 17's. Are there any Acura center caps that will fit these 19" Honda wheels?
You might want to post the stock 17s for sale in the Acura Market Place. Many members in snow zones like having a spare set for winter tires. (From what I have learned.)

:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Generally, the Honda center caps and Acura center caps are interchangeable and are common to more than TLX - include MDX, etc. You should confirm, but I do know the OEM Acura TLX center caps for Acura 19" wheels also fit the Honda 19" wheels so you could swap them or you could buy new Acura caps from the online Acura dealer below. There are many actual Honda dealers online, but fewer online Acura dealers. Bernardi and Delray come to mind as online Acura dealers. Bernardi has a good price for the caps. About $7 each.

44732-TZ3-A10 - CAP ASSY,WHEEL CT - Bernardi Parts

Don't forget that if you don't swap the Acura TLX TPMS (tire pressure monitors) to the Honda wheels, you will need to buy each of the following for each wheel - sensor, nut, washer, valve. Honda TPMS won't work with TLX. Check with the dealer to see if the sensor assembly comes with the other 3 parts as it might be sold as a group - expect about $40 per wheel if you need the sensors - they are also available online. The sensor is about $36 and the others parts are $1 or so. Parts called out as 3,4,5,6 in drawing.

42754-TP6-A81
Part: NUT, TPMS VALVE
42755-TP6-A81
Part: WASHER, TPMS VALVE
42753-TZ3-A51
Part: SENSOR ASSY., TPMS
42756-TP6-A81
Part: SEAL, VALVE

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
As a footnote, it pays to shop around when upgrading tires and wheels if you aren't of the mind to have your Acura dealer do it or don't want to pay their usually high markup.

- Online retailers like Tire Rack can drop ship tires directly to an installer and have great prices

- Using Tire Rack, I found that my local Toyota (Yes - I said Toyota) dealer was a recommended installer in my area. They charged $7.50 per wheel to install my Michelin A/S 3's and did not have any additional charges for TPMS, etc. The tires were drop shipped and I was out the door for about $40 with a free courtesy carwash to boot. The tires were installed later the same day I picked up my TLX from the Acura dealer. Ironically, its first experience on a lift was in a Toyota dealer.

- A person interested in upgrading tires and wheels could order tires, parts from online retailers and save a boatload of money just by using the shopping tool on Tire Rack which shows details for what the installer will charge.

In my case, the local tire superstore did not compare favorably to the Toyota dealer because they charged $11/wheel + had additional TPMS charges per wheel.

It just pays to shop around.

You could purchase the Honda 19" HFP wheels for about $260 each online at College Hills Honda or other online Honda dealer, pay $100 or so for shipping. Then get the TPMS parts online if you don't swap them from the OEM Acura wheels, and tires of your choice and save a lot compared to Acura dealer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I do like the look. Have you actually weighed them to see how much unsprung weight they can save versus the 18's or even regular 19's? I would be curious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey man okay I love your wheels now I have found some places that sell them online and wanted to know if the fit was perfect also is the bolt pattern the same? I found these on ebay will they fit? Genuine Honda Accord 2dr Coupe 19" HFP Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel | eBay also was it easy to swap the TPMS from the TLX wheels to these which they don't have? Just got confused since these wheels say 5x155 and offset is 55? Where did you get your wheels from a link to the site would help also do you have any side shots of the car with the wheels please send them to me to [email protected] thanks bro!

·
Registered
75 Posts
How do you feel the ride quality has changed? Has it gotten noticeably harsher? I noticed you went from 17s so I'm guessing your TLX is a 2.4, you mentioned you feel the HFPs felt lighter than the stock 17s, has acceleration gotten worse?
My worry with a 2.4 is that the unsprung weight and larger diameter wheels will make the acceleration less responsive.
Was thinking of going with 18s but if 19s still maintain a quiet/comfortable ride then I'd rather do 19s. They look great btw!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How do you feel the ride quality has changed? Has it gotten noticeably harsher? I noticed you went from 17s so I'm guessing your TLX is a 2.4, you mentioned you feel the HFPs felt lighter than the stock 17s, has acceleration gotten worse?
My worry with a 2.4 is that the unsprung weight and larger diameter wheels will make the acceleration less responsive.
Was thinking of going with 18s but if 19s still maintain a quiet/comfortable ride then I'd rather do 19s. They look great btw!
the new wheels handled *substantially" better then stock, mostly due to tires I'd say. The Acura center hubs transfer directly over to the Honda wheels.

On that note, I just traded my TLX in on a 2015 Mustang 5.0 convert able and was able to pull them off. I paid a good $2K for them and I'm selling them with tires with 4K miles on them (basically brand new) for $1100 in my area (Portland)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts