Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TLX starts at around $30,000 and the RLX starts at around $50,000 the fact that people cross shop them including myself is kinda strange when you stop to think about it. No one is seriously cross shopping a BMW 2 series with a 5 series or a Mercedes CLA with an E-Class. In my opinion the lines between the TLX and RL have become somewhat blurred because they share so many components, tech and switchgear. I like the new design of the TLX even though it is evolutionary not revolutionary but the RL should be revolutionary, a clear and present stand out with exclusive tech and should only be available in high HP SH-AWD hybrid form. They need to hire a firm like Pininfarina or Bertone to wrap the compelling tech in a sexy exotic halo car design like Kia did when they poached the top designers from Audi. Kia's new design language is stunning and they have enjoyed unparalleled success as a result. I came close to buying a Kia Cadenza because of its absolutely gorgeous design but I could not get over the terrible name. Acura has the Technology and reliability they just need some ground breaking design ideas like the amazing new NSX, lets hope that some of those design cues find there way into a future RLX. The RLX it truly a great car but no one outside the Acura community would recognize it going down the street but even my 73 year old mom knows when she sees a Kia Optima driving down the road.
ACURA ARE U LISTENING ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had an RLX loaner for a week. It was great. It was like a V6 TLX on steroids. So much fun! I like the fact that they have simplified the offerings, but I do hope for a re-design. If I was in the market for a yacht, I'd definitely take a serious look at the RLX Advance.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The sad thing about the RLX is it was refreshed first so now looks very dated even 12-18 months in whatever it is and it doesn't offer anything more....bar the hybrid which is a $70k car here in Canada!
Since the MDX and TLX got brought out or updated they have got and improved on the tech first brought out in the RLX!
For me there just isn't those couple of items on the RLX which sets it above the smaller TLX. I would rather drive that anyday

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had an RLX loaner for a week. It was great. It was like a V6 TLX on steroids. So much fun! I like the fact that they have simplified the offerings, but I do hope for a re-design. If I was in the market for a yacht, I'd definitely take a serious look at the RLX Advance.
How did you like the added luxury of it?
Did you find it to be good as a flagship acura product?

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I had an RLX for a drive at a track day organized by Acura last year. They were really fun to drive and didn't seem like a large car. They are out of my price range here in Canada although the demos sell quite a bit off the sticker.

·
Registered
109 Posts
How did you like the added luxury of it?
Did you find it to be good as a flagship acura product?
Absolutely. It represents the brand well. It feels familiar. You know you're in an Acura, but you also know you're in a top of the line Acura! It's so poised and responsive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a reason they don't make it anymore....do an update with no carplay?! LOL. And to be honest? After a weekend with a 2020 RLX my 2019 TLX A spec was a much nicer driving car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts