Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone considered an Acura RLX when shopping for the TLX. My local dealer is offering an incentive on the RLX and it would cost me $4,000 more than the TLX V6 Tech for a price of $43,000.

The RLX does not come with AWD -- any other differences? I have not test drove the RLX but really liked the TLX.

Thanks,
LMB

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was wondering if anyone considered an Acura RLX when shopping for the TLX. My local dealer is offering an incentive on the RLX and it would cost me $4,000 more than the TLX V6 Tech for a price of $43,000.

The RLX does not come with AWD -- any other differences? I have not test drove the RLX but really liked the TLX.

Thanks,
LMB
The RLX and TLX are quite different once you actually sit in them. First off, the RLX is noticeably larger than the TLX. Power wise, they are pretty much the same, but when you drive them the TLX feels much more engaged to the road and sportier. The RLX has a really light feel to the steering.

I own a TLX, and have driven the RLX for a couple days as a loaner vehicle from my dealership. I really recommend driving both and seeing what you like. If you don't need a larger car, the TLX is a solid option. If you do indeed use all of the space in the car, it might be worth taking a look at the RLX

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably do not need the space of the RLX but my current car is a Honda Pilot so I am making a big change. I am trying to figure out why the RLX is being offered at such a steep discount.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I had a '16 RDX is a loner last week and it was real nice for a compact SUV. If they were available a few months backs, I prob would have one of those instead of the TLX lol.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
@MTD I say exactly the same thing. The incentives on the TLX were too hard to pass up to wait for the RDX.

They have two RLXs at the dealership where I got the TLX from. They've been there forever. I think I've only ever seen one on the road. There aren't many around. I did take one out on an Acura track day. They are comfortable to drive. I still prefer the TLX.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had the same question ;)
RLX feels a lot more soft than TLX when driving.
From my trials of different cars last weeks, RLX feels more like a Lexus GS than TLX. Better than the Lexus for me, but TLX was more my taste on the road.
RLX I think would be better for a Taxi... but not for me ;)

The major point was that you have more space on second raw, but front seats don't have more leg rooms than in the TLX. Not a lot of differences.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts