Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2020 Acura TLX A-Spec Apex Blue Pearl Looking for practice mods, suggestions greatly appreciated!
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've been searching for a protector type of mat that is one whole piece that can protect the whole back. I want the extra piece of mind because I might have to start buying some shelving or just that once or twice longer objects where I gotta put down the rear seats and have the items extend into the cabin.

Sorry for the constant post for help!
Thanks in advance!
Will 馃檹馃檹

Registered
I have not seen anything that extends to protect the back of the seats when they're laid down. I HAVE 3D MAXpider mats and trunk liner in the TLX and also our Jeep Cherokee, and like them a lot.

Reactions: William6244

Registered
2020 Acura TLX A-Spec Apex Blue Pearl Looking for practice mods, suggestions greatly appreciated!
Discussion Starter #3
I have not seen anything that extends to protect the back of the seats when they're laid down. I HAVE 3D MAXpider mats and trunk liner in the TLX and also our Jeep Cherokee, and like them a lot.
Hmm yeah, I didn't notice it when we test drove or looked at the car lol. Just now that i'm actually driving it daily, I noticed it. But yeah, I will take a look at your recommendation! Thank you!

Super Moderator
I went with the Acura trunk liner. A little more practicle than the WeatherTech version.

Registered
What's different/special about the Acura mat?

Super Moderator
WeatherTech is a full size mat that covers all the trunk floor.

Acura's version comes in three pieces. Left and right sections and the center section, which folds with the lower cover to help get easy access to the small storage compartment under the floor.

I do not have a spare tire, so that makes that volume below the trunk floor additional storage space. Acura's version provides better access.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
WeatherTech is a full size mat that covers all the trunk floor.

Acura's version comes in three pieces. Left and right sections and the center section, which folds with the lower cover to help get easy access to the small storage compartment under the floor.

I do not have a spare tire, so that makes that volume below the trunk floor additional storage space. Acura's version provides better access.
Thank you for u showing them both to us and explaining how each is applied.

I do like how the Acura one is sectioned for ease of use. No need to lift up thw whole pieve to get access to the spare compartment. And weather tech is just a overall great brand for these kinds of products. Each has their merits. 馃檹馃憣馃憦馃憦

Registered
I'd agree with you, Gary. The 3D MAXpider liner is three pieces as well. The cleaner look is a bonus. I think these are some of the most "premium-looking" mats and liners out there.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I'd agree with you, Gary. The 3D MAXpider liner is three pieces as well. The cleaner look is a bonus. I think these are some of the most "premium. - looking" mats and liners out there.

View attachment 25610
Wait, that is the actual mat in your car?? Because if that is, it's really well fitting. I like that the pedal area is extra padded for those "inspired" times 馃榿馃憣. And it looks really easy to clean, which is a bonus.

Registered
Wait, that is the actual mat in your car?? Because if that is, it's really well fitting. I like that the pedal area is extra padded for those "inspired" times 馃榿馃憣. And it looks really easy to clean, which is a bonus.
It is, and they do fit well and clean up well. The set in my wife's Jeep is two years old, and (when clean) look as good as the day they were installed.

Here's a pic of the trunk liner.

And even though there's no "hinge point," accessing the non-spare storage is no problem given the 3-piece design.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts