Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a TLX In August V6 with Technology was vehicle number 1059.I was not happy the car was not offered in bright red as shown in the auto show. Also tan interior not offered with white. Two recalls, first for Navigation, and second for transmission, and reset of rear warning system. The transmission involved draining the fluid, looking for metal. If none found recalibrate, and adjust parking brake that could cause the car to move from park. I am not happy with the result. Slower response from a start and delays in first two gears shifting. Also at 45mph transmission is not as smooth, seems to be between gears. Had a previous problem with the transmission shifting from fourth gear to first for no reason. Recall was said to fix this. The rear warning system now works. I hope this is the end of the recalls. My confidence in Acura has been JADED.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Purchased a TLX In August V6 with Technology was vehicle number 1059.I was not happy the car was not offered in bright red as shown in the auto show. Also tan interior not offered with white. Two recalls, first for Navigation, and second for transmission, and reset of rear warning system. The transmission involved draining the fluid, looking for metal. If none found recalibrate, and adjust parking brake that could cause the car to move from park. I am not happy with the result. Slower response from a start and delays in first two gears shifting. Also at 45mph transmission is not as smooth, seems to be between gears. Had a previous problem with the transmission shifting from fourth gear to first for no reason. Recall was said to fix this. The rear warning system now works. I hope this is the end of the recalls. My confidence in Acura has been JADED.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. Sorry to hear you have issues with your TLX. I hear a few people are finding the updates help, but a final resolution would be nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.