Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TLX Transmission Problems

I purchased my 4 cylinder-techTLX in late October, trading in my dependable TSX-tech.. It is white with a really nice grey interior. Over the past month the shifting has gotten progressively worse. It has progressed to the point that I cannot drive it and it has been at our dealer for a week. It is very rough shifting, it goes get stuck inbetween grears and puts the car in N when shifting gears. They tried two software updates to no avail. They are bringing in a team from Acura to look at it. The problem is serious and very frustrating. I am tired of drivng my loaner ILX. This is my 6th Acura and I have never had problems before. I trust Acura and my trusted dealership will get it right. It is also the first time I ever purchased a brand new model...lesson learned. Don't let Acura Corp. tell you they aren't aware of the problem...they have a team working on it.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

TLX Transmission Problems

I purchased my 4 cylinder-techTLX in late October, trading in my dependable TSX-tech.. It is white with a really nice grey interior. Over the past month the shifting has gotten progressively worse. It has progressed to the point that I cannot drive it and it has been at our dealer for a week. It is very rough shifting, it goes get stuck inbetween grears and puts the car in N when shifting gears. They tried two software updates to no avail. They are bringing in a team from Acura to look at it. The problem is serious and very frustrating. I am tired of drivng my loaner ILX. This is my 6th Acura and I have never had problems before. I trust Acura and my trusted dealership will get it right. It is also the first time I ever purchased a brand new model...lesson learned. Don't let Acura Corp. tell you they aren't aware of the problem...they have a team working on it.
Welcome to the forum! I see this is your first post.

Sorry to hear about your issues. Keep us updated. Acura needs to fix issues on the I4 as well as the V6.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

I am at 3500 miles on my 4 cylinder TLX and am wondering when this appears.
could be some variation between vehicles or if you're in luck, maybe it's something you might not experience, as i have noticed with other vehicles that's the case.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

I am at 3500 miles on my 4 cylinder TLX and am wondering when this appears.
Same here at 5,250. Still enjoying a smooth ride. No shifting issues. Just waiting like you. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.