Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a TLX Tech and noticed a vibration in the touchscreen when touched to acuate an icon. Does anyone know if this is a design feature to provide user feedback when your touching buttons?

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Which trim and colour did you get? Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Yes. That's a design feature. It can be disabled in the menus if you don't like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the quick reply. That rocks, and kinda what I thought. I got the Bellanova with the Espresso in a SH AWD. It is out right now getting TRS Wheels mounted. Had Windows Tinted Dark as legal and Clear Bra on the front. Will def post some photos soonest. Thanks again!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Just picked up a TLX Tech and noticed a vibration in the touchscreen when touched to acuate an icon. Does anyone know if this is a design feature to provide user feedback when your touching buttons?
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first posts.

As someone mentioned, this is known as haptic feedback. The vibration lets you know you made a selection without having to hear an annoying key click or tone.

I believe this is fairly common on most cellphones and tablets. I like getting inaudible feedback when I make my selections.

Please tell us more about you and your new TLX. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts