Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
lol i had the same problem. it was 66 degrees C....in toronto.

turned out they forgot to clip it back in when they removed the bumper to install the oem kit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good luck - hope your front camera sensor keeps working. I find that when my car is parked uncovered in this hot PHX weather, the camera sensor stops working because it gets too hot. It has happened to me 3 times, fairly consistently.

Fortunately, at work, and at home, I keep the TLX parked under covered parking.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a garage at home and covered parking at work too, which helps a lot. I went to lunch and parked in uncovered for a couple hours. It said 117 when I first got in, then it creeped up to 122 on my way back to the office, and was at 121 when I parked at the office. I haven't had the issue you've had yet, but I've managed to stay out of the sun so far this last week of hot temps, until lunch today. I'll let you know if it does happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the heads up guys,in PHX too & just picked up my TLX last week but luckily i too have covered parking at work. I'll keep an eye out for this..

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for the heads up guys,in PHX too & just picked up my TLX last week but luckily i too have covered parking at work. I'll keep an eye out for this..
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. :)

Please tell us more about yourself and your TLX.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I have a garage at home and covered parking at work too, which helps a lot.happen.
Is covered parking available at all jobs in AZ?

I believe the hottest temps I have ever felt were in Phoenix. South America around 10 degrees north of the equator did not hurt at much as the Phoenix heat.

I remember it was painful just going from the car to inside In-N-Out Burger. Of course the return trip to the hot car was even worse.

Florida heat is not anywhere near Phoenix heat. :cool:

·
Registered
666 Posts
It's my kind of place and great for driving around. I visit there for a week every year or two and wished I could have a TLX rental for my cruising. My last trip was early June before the heat wave and it only got up to a disappointing mid to high 90's.

·
Registered
164 Posts
We're looking at close to 110 today in Nor Cal. That's bad enough. You've got crazy hot in Phoenix!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Should probably consider putting a remote starter if you dont have it yet. This will help you cool the car automatically when you start the car remotely and vice versa.

·
Registered
255 Posts
'nuff said...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts