Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reached agreement on price for a TLX Tech today, after a week of dickering.
Added the rubber mats, fog lights, and block heater.
$45,500 out the door, all taxes and fees.
Straight cash deal..
Figures out to $40265 before taxes.Back out thePDI, and extras, and the net price was $36,805.
MSRP is $38,690, cas is $37,690.
Happy with the deal, and thought others would be interested in the price paid.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Congratulations! Being happy with a deal is so satisfying.

I know there is a discount for cash deals....which is I think the only discount offered from Acura right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Black/Black...
Was thinking about the grey metallic but haven't seen one yet in person.
Always like a black leather interior. Thought I'd tire of the parchment, and the brown just doesn't work for me.
Delivery next week.
Was able to get almost $1000 off the Acura cash price. They will deal, if they think you will walk. Which is what I was prepared to do.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Well done on the deal. Some dealers do seem to deal more than others.

Black on black is nice. I love the black interior as well. You'll have to post some pictures when you get it home.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Black interior is nice it is just a bit plain for me. I think the brown looks really nice.

Good job on the discount. I didn't think they'd do that since the TLX is so new right now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well done on the deal. Some dealers do seem to deal more than others.

Black on black is nice. I love the black interior as well. You'll have to post some pictures when you get it home.

Depends on the location. The next closest Acura dealer is 120 miles away, so our dealer doesn't deal much. The other location, as told by the salesgirl today and where I got my TSX, very negotiable. I'll probably have to drive down there again, if I decide to come back to Acura. My dealer is a fool, since they eventually matched the offer, but it was too late.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Depends on the location. The next closest Acura dealer is 120 miles away, so our dealer doesn't deal much. The other location, as told by the salesgirl today and where I got my TSX, very negotiable. I'll probably have to drive down there again, if I decide to come back to Acura. My dealer is a fool, since they eventually matched the offer, but it was too late.
I agree. It shouldn't take another dealers low price for them to go lower. When I ask a dealer for their lowest price that's their last chance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Esrever, They initially told be they would only take the MSRP shown for lease/finance.
Told them I was looking at about $2000 off that, and they just said NO.
They initially told me the $1000 discount for cash was for current lease owners!..
Walked away, and they then said they would sell for the Cash price, listed on acura.com.
I offered $1500 below that, and again "We just couldn't do that".
A few days later, they said they'd meet me half way, which in their eyes was another $500 off.
Said sorry, not interested. Nice trying to do business with you, but guess I'll look at other cars.
5 minutes later they agreed to my price.
Go figure...Keep telling them, it's just a CAR!!...
Make 'em every day...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my car yesterday..WOW!!!. This is an impressive vehicle. Wonderful audio system, very comfortable, full of electronics that will take a while to master, excellent power and seems very smooth.
Got 39 MPG Canadian on the drive home from the dealership, at 120 km/hr on the cruise control.Basically what my Honda EX-L gets.
Had great fun with the Lane departure system. This car doesn't quite drive itself, but there were times it would turn the wheel and I didn't have to touch it. The driverless car is getting closer. Soon, we will be able to drink and drive again! And no-one will be put in danger.
All in all, I"m very impressed with this car, especially given the price. It's worth a long look if you are interested in this sizeof auto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts