Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Leatherette Seating Material

I am interested in the TLX with the I-4 engine. I don't have a need for the items in the Tech package other than the leather interior. I hate to pay for the package just to get leather. I can't believe Acura is making this car without leather for the base model. Does anyone know how the leatherette material is on the base model??? I'm confused by the details about the seating material in general. If you order the Tech package are the front seat surfaces leather with the back and sides leatherette??? I also though I read only the front seats (seating surface) is leather and the rear seats are leatherette. This is unreal. I don't like how the specs and details are not clear. It's like they want to trick the buyer.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Tech Features with 3 more speakers

I am interested in the TLX with the I-4 engine. I don't have a need for the items in the Tech package other than the leather interior. I hate to pay for the package just to get leather. I can't believe Acura is making this car without leather for the base model. Does anyone know how the leatherette material is on the base model??? I'm confused by the details about the seating material in general. If you order the Tech package are the front seat surfaces leather with the back and sides leatherette??? I also though I read only the front seats (seating surface) is leather and the rear seats are leatherette. This is unreal. I don't like how the specs and details are not clear. It's like they want to trick the buyer.
I understand and feel the same way. In an information age, there is a lack of communication between the sellers and the buyers. I had to educate my salesman, a bit :). Not sure how the leather works out.

I initially felt the same about the tech package as yourself since I already have a good Garmin. But after considering the other features you get in the package, I reasoned that it was worth the cost.

Acura Navigation System: AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ with exclusive street and freeway conditions and Traffic Rerouting ™

Audio: Acura/ELS Studio®32 Premium Audio System with hard disk drive (HDD) media storage and 10 speakers, HD Radio®, Song By Voice®

Interior: Sport seats with perforated Milano premium leather-trimmed interior

Visibility: Blind spot information (BSI) system, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor

Cellular Interface: Phone-book exchange for Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink®

Instruments: Color Multi-Information Display (MID) with turn-by-turn guidance

Telematics: AcuraLink® The Next Generation

Exterior: Rain-sensing windshield wipers

Driver Assistance: Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)

Safety & Security: Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system and Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system

As always, the choice is yours.:) The Base is still a very nice car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Obviously, you either get real leather or pleather. I currently have pleather on my Optima and you can't tell the difference after a while. Durability wise, if you plan to keep the car for very very long time, you should go with real leather.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I saw a base model of the 4 cyl just briefly sat in it and you can't tell its not leather, actually looks pretty good. Merc do leatherette on their base models, not unheard of in luxury market as is better than putting fabric seats in!!
Also sat in the 4 cyl tech (which i drove) and you can tell that its leather, but that's meant to be the soft leather anyway and you could tell it. Even the rear seats had the same feel!!
So slightly confused now which bit really is the leather in that one??

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks a lot for posting those links up, i'm thinking we need to get a mega sticky thread posted on this forum with all the important information we need, this should be part of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts