Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2015 TLX Tech 2.4 which I will be trading in for a new vehicle in the fall.

I purchased a spare tire kit from Acura dealer in Jan. 2016 which is not required in the trade-in, so I will be selling it. The tire has never been used or removed from the trunk.

The kit consists of a new Kumho T135/80 D17 rim/tire, moulded Styrofoam trunk insert to hold all tire accessories (different than the unit that comes with a new TLX), several car related accessories that do not come with the regular kit, black cover over the Styrofoam to match trunk (different than original cover), a plastic disk that goes under tire & threaded screw down device to keep tire secure. I assume it would also fit TLX's from other years but I haven't confirmed this with dealer yet.

Original price, all in, was $907.98. Open to offers.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I own a 2015 TLX Tech 2.4 which I will be trading in for a new vehicle in the fall.

I purchased a spare tire kit from Acura dealer in Jan. 2016 which is not required in the trade-in, so I will be selling it. The tire has never been used or removed from the trunk.

The kit consists of a new Kumho T135/80 D17 rim/tire, moulded Styrofoam trunk insert to hold all tire accessories (different than the unit that comes with a new TLX), several car related accessories that do not come with the regular kit, black cover over the Styrofoam to match trunk (different than original cover), a plastic disk that goes under tire & threaded screw down device to keep tire secure. I assume it would also fit TLX's from other years but I haven't confirmed this with dealer yet.

Original price, all in, was $907.98. Open to offers.
Might help to post your location, shipping on the kit can get pricey...

Speaking of pricey, hate to tell you, most of us that have the kits bought them for WAY less than what you were charged for yours. The kit without the tire sells for $247 shipped on EBAY, and the tires are $100...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry - location is near Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada).

Yes .......... I realize the price I bought it for at a Canadian Acura dealership was more than I would pay in the US. At the time, I had checked around & this was the best option considering currency differences, shipping and customs duties.

I will sell this kit competitively to anyone who is interested. It's in new condition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am interested in that kit but how much you want for it?
Hi Maria,
You can see what I paid for the kit. I have a new car on order from the factory that won't be arriving for a couple of months yet, so I still carry it in my TLX. I could sell it for $450 if you wish to pick it up or pay the freight.
Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts