Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a spare tire and kit and found this OEM online, here is the link. It is selling for only $201.

has anyone purchased this item? I have a 2015 TLX advance with 18" wheels.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
774 Posts
Are you questioning the price or the seller or the fit?
1) If you Google the part number there are many Acura dealers selling this same kit for between $201 and $205. So the price is correct.
2) I've heard of that seller.
3) As for the fit. It will fit. It's a temporary spare. It will look funny, but its a temporary spare. Hopefully you will never have to use it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you questioning the price or the seller or the fit?
1) If you Google the part number there are many Acura dealers selling this same kit for between $201 and $205. So the price is correct.
2) I've heard of that seller.
3) As for the fit. It will fit. It's a temporary spare. It will look funny, but its a temporary spare. Hopefully you will never have to use it.
Thanks for the info, I will be ordering this week.

·
Super Moderator
950 Posts
I could have used it in June! Good idea to get one. The extra cargo space is not worth the lack of a spare!!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
You have to be careful as most of these kits say; "Tire Not Included."

Reactions: Crashmaster

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to be careful as most of these kits say; "Tire Not Included."
I did call and the tire was not included. It would be an additional $87.84 plus shipping (still reasonable).
The part # for the tire is 42751KEN008. He said the install would take about an hr. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
4,964 Posts
Here’s a thread that discusses the spare tire kit.

The installation instructions are in post #42 if you wanted to have a look at what’s involved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here’s a thread that discusses the spare tire kit.

The installation instructions are in post #42 if you wanted to have a look at what’s involved.
Thanks, very helpful.
I thought I would give Frank Leta Acura in St. Louis a try, they quoted me $748 which includes installation, no thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts