Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened a few times now after a remote start The car door will not open by either touching the handle or pressing the unlock button on the key FOB. I'm locked out and the car is running!
3rd I have to use the manual key to get in. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep. Numerous times.
Usually w/ the remote start.
Going in to the app and shutting the car down makes it to where you can then unlock the car w/ the handle or remote.
Pain in the ass, but I doubt a dealer will duplicate, or fix anything about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This has happened to me a few times also. I usually just shut the car off with the key fob or my phone app and it will unlock. Kind of an inconvenience, but one I can live with unless it happens more often later on. I haven’t figured out why it does it yet, probably a software glitch or something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, most likely a software glitch. Dealer looked at me like I was crazy when I described it. Turning it off with the key FOB still leaves me locked out. Only way in is to use the mechanical key. Guess I will have to live with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had this happen a few times initially after I got my 21 TLX, when using remote start via the app. I found that if I lock it first via the app, then remote start via the app it unlocks normally.

I know if you remote start via the fob, you definitely have to lock it first as well. You would think that would not be necessary when remote starting via the app since the app knows the car is locked, but perhaps that is the issue.

Maybe a coincidence, but I can say that the problem has not happened again since I started locking it first via the app, and I use that feature very regularly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't installed the factory remote start module w/ the key fobs, only use the app.
Happens at least once every 2-3 weeks.
Like everyone else says, probably a software glitch, but as wmjhbj57 stated; bring it up to a dealer and 2 things will happen.
1: Look at you like you're an idiot(already happened to them..)
2: Never duplicate it or do anything about it. Probably say it's a glitch with the app & not the car, so not their problem.

Contact the app developer as well as the dealer & let's see if anything comes of it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What a joke that people accept this.
Would you have me return my car over something stupid and insignificant as this?
Is it an occasional inconvenience? Sure.
Is it really that big of a deal? Nope.
Do I wish that every system and accessory worked flawlessly? Of course.
However being a realist & working on cars for a living, I know this isn't a real expectation as no car works 'perfect'.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would you have me return my car over something stupid and insignificant as this?
Is it an occasional inconvenience? Sure.
Is it really that big of a deal? Nope.
Do I wish that every system and accessory worked flawlessly? Of course.
However being a realist & working on cars for a living, I know this isn't a real expectation as no car works 'perfect'.
Well I've had much better luck with my 4 Series. No weird electric issues, no cheap rattles. Everything working as advertised.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just fyi....the app workaround only works if remote start is enabled in the app! Mine expired after 6 months and I elected not to renew it. Seemed like a lot of money to be able to remote start the car. Only workaround for me is the mechanical key to get in.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This has happened a few times now after a remote start The car door will not open by either touching the handle or pressing the unlock button on the key FOB. I'm locked out and the car is running!
It happen to me but I find out is my cell phone too close to my key fob then that will happen. Make sure your cell phone not in the same pocket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good afternoon,

I have noticed this problem as well, with my 2021 TLX. We have also had customers at the dealership come in with this concern. I am working with Acura/Acuralink with this problem. I will keep everyone posted as we learn more. Also does this happen when you remote start via Acuralink???

·
Registered
91 Posts
It doesn't happen to me when I start the car with Acura link. But Acura link take too long to connect to my phone compare with my old car which is a 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, they even have a timer to restart the car any time anywhere. I am impressed by FORD. Hopefully Acura link can do that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It doesn't happen to me when I start the car with Acura link. But Acura link take too long to connect to my phone compare with my old car which is a 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, they even have a timer to restart the car any time anywhere. I am impressed by FORD. Hopefully Acura link can do that.
Just FYI it happen after I remote start my car, sometimes it happen some discrepancy or either lock or unlock door thru Acura link. So far I just try to avoid those operation, unless is very necessary. Remember all of this is design issues I believe. Someone didn't do their job. Acura may need to tighten up the factory inspection procedure. They should be able to find out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts