Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 17 second clip on youtube by gta1989 that has a pretty impressive 0-60 run with the SH-AWD TLX. I get 5.45 seconds which is faster than I would have guessed so I retested it and it came out the same. Anyone want to time it separate and verify? Am I too optimistic or is this car just sneaky fast.

I will say three things about this car thus far:

1) Its mid-range is surprisingly strong despite what I initially perceived to be a slow start.

2) Not sure whether its me learning or the car but it feels stronger in turns and acceleration now than it did just over a week ago.

3) Rubber makes a huge difference, I know that's not news but its very obvious with this car especially SH-AWD.:eek:

·
Registered
423 Posts
ugpo I noticed the same as your second point, when I asked the dealer they confirmed this. The cars computer learns your driving habiats and adapts revs etc, so will become a better car for you over time. Likewise if you lend it to someone for a couple of days it will start adapting to them!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I saw a 17 second clip on youtube by gta1989 that has a pretty impressive 0-60 run with the SH-AWD TLX. I get 5.45 seconds which is faster than I would have guessed so I retested it and it came out the same. Anyone want to time it separate and verify? Am I too optimistic or is this car just sneaky fast.

I will say three things about this car thus far:

1) Its mid-range is surprisingly strong despite what I initially perceived to be a slow start.

2) Not sure whether its me learning or the car but it feels stronger in turns and acceleration now than it did just over a week ago.

3) Rubber makes a huge difference, I know that's not news but its very obvious with this car especially SH-AWD.:eek:
Hey bud, that was actually me that posted that video....it was definitely faster than my 13 TL Sh-AWD.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey bud, that was actually me that posted that video....it was definitely faster with my 13 TL Sh-AWD.
:laugh:

Too funny! How many km on your car before you did that? It was a good launch!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey bud, that was actually me that posted that video....it was definitely faster with my 13 TL Sh-AWD.
"faster with" means your 2013 TL was faster than the 2015 TLX?

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Agreed. The dealer makes a huge difference. I would imagine there are a few around the Montreal area. Maybe try one of the others. If they know about your bad experience I'm sure they'll work harder knowing they might get your business.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Agreed. Is it the dealer or simply a person there? This may sound like a fine line, but can make the differance. Or make a trip to Ottawa?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
This joker wasted my time for 3 months, didn't even try to sell my car like he promised, put a half ass ad with someone else's car, after we took pictures TWICE after he lost them the first time, and I guess he lost them again a third time so he used someone else's TL which doesn't even look like mine in the ad he put.

The AD had absolutely no description, 4 low quality pictures, and looked like someone took 2 minutes to post it. This is absolute unprofessionalism, and I'll be more then happy to give my $$ to someone who will actually treat me with respect.

If I would have known this outcome, I would have sold my car back in August no problem, now the market is saturated with everyone getting rid of their TL. I am in no way going to be taken hostage by Acura, simply because they think I will do anything to have a TLX. There are other cars just as great out there...

Then he tried to give me this "one day special" the other, where he basically tried to screw me by saying oh we'll take back your TL, but you need to pay us like $740month plus $5000 downpayment, plus a buyback of $27000 which comes to like $60k.

Are you joking me??

I went to the competition just for fun, went to Audi, didn't care much, then went to the BMW dealer across the street, and they were more then willing to make me an amazing offer on a 335 x drive.

Right now I'm at a crossroads, I don't know what I'm going to do, I've put my car for sale on Autotrader, Kijiji, and another local site, hoping to sell it, or find someone to take over 21 months of payment remaining.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Right now I'm at a crossroads, I don't know what I'm going to do, I've put my car for sale on Autotrader, Kijiji, and another local site, hoping to sell it, or find someone to take over 21 months of payment remaining.
Good luck man!

Personally I hope you get a TLX, but it's down to what you want. Especially after the work you put into it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.