Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we waited all summer but the new TLX's finally came in. We really wanted a manual but Acura decided otherwise. We opted for White with Espresso interior and the V6. We couldn't be happier. We test drove the 4 Cyl and the RDX and MDX. The TLX V6 FWD is exactly what we needed. I was concerned about gas mileage and fuel costs in the future. Within 150 miles we did a trip to the airport doing 65 all the way. The average MPG crept up to 39.4 after about 15 minutes of freeway. I couldn't believe it. It might get better after the engine breaks in. I guess the engine management cyl deactivation design really works. We are still learning all the cool features. The blind spot alert is one of my favorites along with the two displays. The upper is a good place for the navigation and it never has glare on it.
The 4 wheel steering and handling are amazing for a car this size. Good brakes too. My only complaint is the 50 series tires and 18 x 7 wheels. Would it have hurt to put on 18 x 8's and some 40 series sneakers? Maybe later with a Type S?
We can wait to take a long trip in it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Congrats on your new drive. It is a nice car.

To anyone who is concerned about the wheels, the solution is get the wheels you want with the appropriate tires and sell the original. This needs to be done right at the point of purchase to get the maximum resale. The net difference is then not be that much.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It sucks to lose the manual but hopefully it's something they can make available for a future production year, if it does happen, do you think it could happen?

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is what I did. Didn't like the GoodYear tire and since I needed winter tires I asked the salesman if you would credit me the original tire. He was reluctant at first but finally gave a 500$ credit. I am considering moving over to 19 in for the summer tires with a new set of wheels of course.

As far as gas mileage goes, I'll reserve my judgement. Only had the car for a week and slowly breaking it in. First tank gave me about 10l/100 km which is close to the wife 2014 MDX. I did a little bit of highway coming back from the dealer and I got slightly less than 7l/100 km which beats the MDX hands down. Time will tell. Mine is a SH-AWD with Techno package.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Well we waited all summer but the new TLX's finally came in. We really wanted a manual but Acura decided otherwise. We opted for White with Espresso interior and the V6. We couldn't be happier. We test drove the 4 Cyl and the RDX and MDX. The TLX V6 FWD is exactly what we needed. I was concerned about gas mileage and fuel costs in the future. Within 150 miles we did a trip to the airport doing 65 all the way. The average MPG crept up to 39.4 after about 15 minutes of freeway. I couldn't believe it. It might get better after the engine breaks in. I guess the engine management cyl deactivation design really works. We are still learning all the cool features. The blind spot alert is one of my favorites along with the two displays. The upper is a good place for the navigation and it never has glare on it.
The 4 wheel steering and handling are amazing for a car this size. Good brakes too. My only complaint is the 50 series tires and 18 x 7 wheels. Would it have hurt to put on 18 x 8's and some 40 series sneakers? Maybe later with a Type S?
We can wait to take a long trip in it.
Congratulations! Was that mileage recorded in Sports, Normal or Econ mode? Just curious. I got 38.3 in Sport mode. The TLX drives nice. Did you try the LKAS yet? It's fun to watch the car drive by itself.

Enjoy your long trip. I just got back from a 400+ mile round trip. Car rode great. Unfortunately I went too fast to record any good mileage tests. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MPG on first two tanks

We tired sport mode and Econ a little but switched to Normal. I noticed that in Econ mode it accelerated more slowly and felt like a smaller engine for the first 100 ft or so. Normal feels pretty good. I should try sport mode again to see how it changes the cars personality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts