Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Low speed impact damage by Ford Expedition. Wife was going about 5 mph in heavy Dallas traffic when hit by Exhibition. Bumper is a loss and trunk is damaged, too. Thougt there was protection in low speed impacts; guess not.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
So sorry for your loss!! Let us know the total dollar damage!

·
Registered
55 Posts
::crying::

Let me guess, person behind her was on their phone texting or putting on makeup

·
Registered
238 Posts
sorry to hear that. given the number of sensors in the bumpers, have you seen any effect on things like parking sensors or rear view camera? I always worried that small fender-benders could get very expensive given the number of sensors in this car

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called my Acura sealer. They don't even have a body shop. They send Acuras to a Honda dealer in S. Fort Worth.
Still waiting to hear from insurance co.of the guy who hits us.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It looks like they will be able to fix that fairly easily. Hopefully it comes back looking good as new. And hopefully repair doesn't take too long. Super annoying getting rear ended. There really isn't much you can do to avoid that.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It may have been a low speed impact but the momentum of the mass with very late braking will result in that type of damage.

Cars and be fixed or replaced. Hope your wife in fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guessed about $3k. The adjuster came by today and said it would be a 2 day job, the repair cost would be $1,697, and they would use all new parts since the car was less only 2 months old.

·
Registered
317 Posts
It may have been a low speed impact but the momentum of the mass with very late braking will result in that type of damage.

Cars and be fixed or replaced. Hope your wife in fine.
Very true, all depends on how it went down with many factors and change the impact and severity of it all.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I guessed about $3k. The adjuster came by today and said it would be a 2 day job, the repair cost would be $1,697, and they would use all new parts since the car was less only 2 months old.
That is a good price, assuming new parts are bumper and trunk lid. Maybe they can get them prepainted from the factory.

·
Registered
979 Posts
glad to hear that everyone is ok. that's alot less than i would have guessed to get it fixed. i know you can buy pre-painted front bumpers from acura.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm betting that $1600 turns into $4-5000 by the time it's done. There's always stuff you can't see behind the panels, and given how new the vehicle is, the repair shop will fix it to original condition. The hardest part will be the days/weeks without the TLX while you drive a rental until parts come in and repairs are completed

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sure you're right . I'm picking the body shop; they said at least 5 days. Enterprise will provide a rental car. We mostly drive my MB anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts