Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Acura won’t have the 2015 TLX, which is still technically in concept form, on showroom floors until later in 2014. Well before then, a race version called the TLX GT will have been trading paint with the likes of Corvettes, Vipers, and Ferraris. While it was no surprise to see the nearly production-spec TLX labeled a concept at this year’s Detroit auto show, Acura did surprise many by showing off the racing version simultaneously. The TLX GT will contest the Pirelli World Challenge series’s top-rung GT class, pitting the car against the likes of the list above and a few European GT3 machines. The race car will make its debut when the series kicks off in St. Petersburg on March 28.
Honda Performance Development (HPD) will build the cars, with the chassis and aero devices approved by the World Challenge competition committee. HPD will begin with the 278-hp, naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V-6, and then add direct injection and a pair of turbochargers. Power will be routed to all four wheels via Acura’s Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive.

Honda will have a familiar and very successful face in the TLX GT: Peter “P.D.” Cunningham. Based in Saukville, Wisconsin, Cunningham’s RealTime Racing is the most successful team in the World Challenge series, with 85 race wins, 14 manufacturers’ titles, and 14 drivers’ crowns in Hondas and Acuras. Cunningham would likely love to rack up another race win at St. Petersburg in an Acura, just as he did in in 1997 when he started the season with a GT win in an NSX.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think that the TLX GT looks better than its concept counterpart. The different body kit that they have on the front looks better. I even like the decals (for racing, not for my personal car.)

Is there anything that the TLX GT has going for it that you'd like to see show up in the production TLX?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to assume this has some sort of racing transmission and not a standard manual transmission ????

·
Registered
727 Posts
Im sure it does, the whole setup is probably very far off from what we'll see in a production car. i can put my money on that

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is the race TLX sitting c loser to the ground? I'm just trying to figure out why I think it looks so much better than the concept that was put on display in Detroit. The rims are also different and better than the ones on the concept.

Maybe its the matte paint job.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Is the race TLX sitting c loser to the ground? I'm just trying to figure out why I think it looks so much better than the concept that was put on display in Detroit. The rims are also different and better than the ones on the concept.

there's a lot factoring into it, the body, wheel setup, ride height.
it would help to know the height of it's subframe because the crazy race car body design makes it look lower

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

because it has a body kit

its lowered

has massive huge wheels and tires

and a giant wing on the back

haha! i'm sure it rides, drives, feels, and sounds nothing like a TLX.

·
Registered
105 Posts
because its a race car. LOL they always look seksi. unless you're toro rosso who went the phallus route...

I still dont see how the TLX is going to compete with the corvettes and GT3 porsches of the world...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.