Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nothing major, subtle touches. Name them I dare you.... Perhaps it was a stretch for Acura to call the TLX a concept anyways...

·
Registered
228 Posts
This basically is the same as the TLX concept. I don't even understand why they made a concept when it is so similar to the production version (I know this is a rendering.)

When was the last time that Acura came out with a really innovative and forward thinking concept?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you notice, the wheels on the rendering are 2014 Honda Accord Sport rims. I think they look great on the TLX! I might have to buy a set of those Honda wheels for my TLX.

I'm coming from an S2000 and the idea of Honda wheels on my new car sounds great. I'm always looking for those OEM+ mods.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Good job pointing that out, can't believe i didn't notice that. At least we get to see how this looks. Good option if someone wants a winter setup ;) buy some used accord wheels.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Acura was never known to create crazy concepts

Their concepts are usually production ready. I think its just a way to save money...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Acura was never known to create crazy concepts

Their concepts are usually production ready. I think its just a way to save money...
I like that their concepts are much more simple, it is inline with what they can offer on a production level in the future, realistic for them. At least when we see their production model like concept, it gives us a good idea of what to expect come production time.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I prefer the way honda does it, come out with an obscene concept and then incorporate things back into production vehicles. Thats what a concept is anyways....

·
Registered
339 Posts
not everyone does that

Some manufacturers come out with WILD concepts that excite and will end up disappointing when they production comes out looking nothing like the concept.

·
Registered
727 Posts
not everyone does that

Some manufacturers come out with WILD concepts that excite and will end up disappointing when they production comes out looking nothing like the concept.
Lexus is one of those. The LF-CC concept was amazing. But the production version of it, the Lexus RC-F was nothing like it!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lexus is one of those. The LF-CC concept was amazing. But the production version of it, the Lexus RC-F was nothing like it!
but the RC-F took elements from it. The thing about concepts is that they are free from normal constraints like salability or manufacturing feasibility...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Lexus concepts are always very wild. And people usually get a bit dissapointed at the production. But the production models are still nice looking cars at the end of the day.

Acura usually changes almost nothing from production and concept

·
Registered
727 Posts
but the RC-F took elements from it. The thing about concepts is that they are free from normal constraints like salability or manufacturing feasibility...
it still is far off from the concept, it's not even close to being a toned down version of the concept. i looked into it more and that concept was just a design exercise, nothing more.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I thought the LF LC was meant to be some sort of expensive hybrid V6 supercar ?
that's my understanding.
i always knew it to be a look at the next generation lexus SC, which would make sense.

and then the LF-CC which brought us the RC coupe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.