Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JD Power evaluates auto brands every year in its Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout study. In the luxury brand segment, Acura was named the 2nd least appealing luxury brand. The luxury segment average score was 840. Acura received a score of 814.

Here are the bottom 5 luxury brands.

5. Lincoln (835)
4. Cadillac (826)
3. Infiniti (826)
2. Acura (814)
1. Volvo (812)

Here's what Autoguide had to say about Acura.

Honda’s luxury brand has been more evolutionary than revolutionary in recent years, but the addition of its upcoming NSX might change things. For now, its lineup of family sedans, crossovers and SUVs may appeal to the mass market, but none of them truly excite automotive enthusiasts. As a result, Acura is the second least appealing luxury automaker with a score of 814.

·
Registered
430 Posts
why didn't they just say that these are the top choices for those wishing to avoid German engineering. That's realistically all they've said and they didn't have 6 spots or else Lexus would of been just above Lincoln ;)

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
JD Power evaluates auto brands every year in its Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout study. In the luxury brand segment, Acura was named the 2nd least appealing luxury brand. The luxury segment average score was 840. Acura received a score of 814.

5. Lincoln (835)
4. Cadillac (826)
3. Infiniti (826)
2. Acura (814)
1. Volvo (812)

Its not the TLX that's the bottom, its Acura. We'll see if that has an impact or not. I don't think they really had time to review the TLX before this was posted I'm sure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Key sentence: "For now, its lineup of family sedans, crossovers and SUVs may appeal to the mass market, but none of them truly excite automotive enthusiasts."

These automotive "enthusiasts" (e.g. journalists) are very different species of drivers, compared to the "mass market". They probably don't care much about fuel economy, long-term reliability, safety ratings, styling that ages well, practicality, or price. These people want halo cars, e.g. the NSX, the GT-R, etc.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remember that the survey is done with actually owners. So no results that take into account the TLX are in this. That could prove to raise Acura's score significantly, or not, who knows.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Toyota and Honda much worse than Kia and Hyundai? Quite surprised.

Not sure who they surveyed.... oh way, "what consumers like about their new vehicles after 90 days of ownership." Aaah, I get it now. I guess it depends on how high (or low) your expectations were.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Not a crowd follower

5. Lincoln (835)
4. Cadillac (826)
3. Infiniti (826)
2. Acura (814)
1. Volvo (812)

While a good guideline on the pulse of drivers, I usually don't live by the crowd's opinion. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts