Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
This is a handy little chart for prospective TLX buyers. Looks like you don't get quite as many options with the base model, but I guess that is to be expected. It would be nice if there were some prices on this little chart though. That would make it complete.

·
Registered
339 Posts
yea now manual transmission no care

but wow honda finally came out with a 4 cylinder that has some torque in it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
yea now manual transmission no care

but wow honda finally came out with a 4 cylinder that has some torque in it.
Thats how a lot of new 4 cylinder engines are these days, car makers are able to make them have more torque and get better fuel efficiency, not bad!

·
Registered
727 Posts
180lbs of torque with no turbo

impressive honda! if only you did this.. like a decade ago
that and with a lighter chassis, Honda/Acura is always behind on this stuff, but overall their vehicles have been improving and seem good enough to me

·
Registered
339 Posts
they've lost touch with their roots.

i think the s2000 was the last real honda to me

their cars are all too big and heavy now

·
Registered
17 Posts
The chart is Canadian showing Elite, it is the Advance in the US.

Question Acura - Why Why Why NO ADVANCE TRIM WITH THE 4 CYLINDER? Why do you force people to buy a V6 to get that trim? I want the Advance features and the MPG's of the 4 cylinder, remember your roots which made Honda famous, yeah the 4 cylinder. I want to buy your product but you don't offer it in the package I want...this could be a major fail.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The chart is Canadian showing Elite, it is the Advance in the US.

Question Acura - Why Why Why NO ADVANCE TRIM WITH THE 4 CYLINDER? Why do you force people to buy a V6 to get that trim? I want the Advance features and the MPG's of the 4 cylinder, remember your roots which made Honda famous, yeah the 4 cylinder. I want to buy your product but you don't offer it in the package I want...this could be a major fail.
they're doing nonsense like this now. Gooses margins higher, claim too much choice confuses consumers... Indeed but not in the arrogant way they assume ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
yea doubted fully, only hope for an MT is a TLX coupe, which is just as mythical as the third pedal right now :rolleyes: Figure if accord coupe gets it TLX coupe would absolutely have to...
Acura being the luxury side of Honda, I really doubt they want to add a manual, it attracts the "wrong" kind of buyer for their image.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts