Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll. Im just wondering if any of the guys here knows what size of the interior bulbs and reverse light does TLX required? I am getting my TLX next week (finally) and i want to change the interior bulbs soon as i will be ordering it on ebay.

Pls. Let me know if any of the guys here knows anything about it.

Thanks and cheers eveyone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this in the owners manual. It seems they are LED and don't even talk about changing them.

One image for the 4 cylinder and one for the 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Great info. I guess i have to wait for my car to see what needs to change if there is. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got my TLX and want to change the interior LED lights to a different color. Did you ever find the sizes required? and how hard was it to change them?

·
Registered
438 Posts
i only changed my trunk light to LED. didnt bother changing the interior lights since they are all LED already

·
Registered
438 Posts
i tried playing around with interior lights.
long story short, from a DIY standpoint......dont bother changing them as either they are already LED and they look like they are in a proprietary setup that is not as straightforward as we would hoped it to be.

the only lights you can change are:
- trunk lights
- door courtesy lights

they are both T10 halogens and can be changed to LEDs. you can find pics in instructions in my "first DIY mod" thread
http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/how-diy/3418-my-first-diy-mod.html

reverse lights are of a much bigger bulb size. not exactly sure what the size is, but here's a pic compared to the T10 68SMD LED light i used for my trunk (which is pretty much the biggest T10 LED bulb available out there). im not going to bother changing the reverse lights because i am sure it will not be as cheap as the T10 LED lights and not sure if it will make much difference (not cost effective)

license plate lights are already LEDs and i have trouble taking the housing off the trunk. not touching those either

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I tried some LEDs for reverse lights in my Civic and I was never able to find a bulb strong enough to be of any use. I think I'll be keeping the stock bulbs in the TLX.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Whats the risk of these causing a fuse to blow or other electrical problems?
These appear to use twice the wattage of the factory bulb.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I upgraded my reverse lights to 50 watts CREE leds. They are crazy bright! Link is below.

Ghost Shadow CREE LED Projector Lights Door Laser for Acura TLX RLX MDX RDX ZDX | eBay

I also got these for the door lights

Ghost Shadow LED Projector Lights Door Logo Laser for Acura TLX RLX MDX TL ZDX | eBay

Let me know if you guys want some pictures :)
Def need pics! Are they easy to install?

Whats the risk of these causing a fuse to blow or other electrical problems?
These appear to use twice the wattage of the factory bulb.
That is my concern as well! Any negative side effects/risk of changing the bulbs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Def need pics! Are they easy to install?+

That is my concern as well! Any negative side effects/risk of changing the bulbs?
The ghost shadows on the doors took me about 2 minutes per side. It's a direct plug and play. Super easy.

The Reverse lights are also easy. You will have to use a flat head to pull a few tabs for the panel that covers the rear of your tail lights in the trunk. Once that is off, remove the old and in with the new. I think that took about 10-15 minutes my first time. A lot easier comparing to my 2007 TL-S.

I've been a fan of using the 50watt crees for many years. I had it on my 07 TL-S for over 4 years with absolutely no problems. I also have them on my girlfriend's Hyundai and my brothers Lexus. Never a single problem!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey! Quick question, are all LED bulbs plug and play for the TLX? I ask because I want to avoid hyperflash for the blinkers and want to get load resistors at the same time if I have to. Also, for the backup lights, I've tried replacing the bulbs on my old Lancer, they'd turn on for a second then turn off as the power draw was significantly less than the original halogen bulbs.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts