Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone noticing a heater issue??... set at 72 Auto, car does heat up inside but not quite warm enuf... increased to 80 get to comfortable temp... But that setting makes no sense especially since it will first get cold in the next few months ... Worse on hiway as with previous Acuras but always set previous Acuras at 70 for city driving and 72 at most for hiway.

Thoughts? Thanks!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Had a TLX on test drive recently, took it from cold start to a drive that lasted about 30 minutes, didn't notice anything like this with the heater in it.
Hopefully it's just an isolated issue.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have mine set to 23C (73F) and it is working great. We've had a number of below zero days and so far no problems. I would have the dealer check it out whenever you go in for service. I've never noticed any difference between highway or city driving on any of my Acura vehicles in the past (TLX is my 4th Acura).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, The highway issue is no real problem... i think there is a bit more cold air that comes in via the refresh intake when the speed picks up... Nothing that warranted any action on previous Acuras... As for the heat level, there is heat but not at the level I would expect. When I bring it in for tranny jerkiness (at low speeds when cold) I'll have them look at heater. I'm waiting for fixes to be announced...

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Thanks, The highway issue is no real problem... i think there is a bit more cold air that comes in via the refresh intake when the speed picks up... Nothing that warranted any action on previous Acuras... As for the heat level, there is heat but not at the level I would expect. When I bring it in for tranny jerkiness (at low speeds when cold) I'll have them look at heater. I'm waiting for fixes to be announced...
I feel that the recirculate vent doesn't close all the way when you put it in recirculate. I can smell exhaust fumes when I never did in my TSX. I need to have that checked on my first oil change.

·
Registered
666 Posts
My setting is typically 23/24C and it works perfects for either hot or cold outside. When it is set on Auto and iis heating the warm air only goes to the foor area. On my 3G TL it would blow warm air to the floor area and also out the side vents. Not a big deal, but a difference between the two. Not sure what the 4G TL did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We noticed that heat issue initially on a road trip and I played around with the settings by touching the heat setting then using the slide to adjust the heat on both sides as demonstrated on one of the Acura videos and it seems to be better. I do wonder if the wind direction played into this as my fuel mileage dropped after that but the heating issue went away. I haven't noticed it on daily drives to work and I have seen temps as low as 10.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have mine set to 23C (73F) and it is working great. We've had a number of below zero days and so far no problems. I would have the dealer check it out whenever you go in for service. I've never noticed any difference between highway or city driving on any of my Acura vehicles in the past (TLX is my 4th Acura).

same with me... 23c is confortable and sometimes on the hoter side when you've been driving a while.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also noticed it does not warm up as quickly because no heat coming from the upper vents in auto mode took it off auto and changed vent setting so plenty of warm air was coming from the dash level upper vents

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree.. noticed that in Auto, the defroster (with A/C automatically turned on) blows cool air from the window for awhile before it kicks off... I suppose I could take it off Auto, though never did with previous Acuras... But I also noticed my feet were feeling colder than they should when we had some cool days.. next week or two will tell as cooler air becomes the norm. Will check on both cool air from defroster but also from bottom when in Auto and also when Auto is off.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I feel that the recirculate vent doesn't close all the way when you put it in recirculate. I can smell exhaust fumes when I never did in my TSX. I need to have that checked on my first oil change.
now that's horrible.
even worse is with new cars you tend to smell the rust proofing from the engine bay with all the engine heat their. bad mixture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
identical observation

I am noticing exactly the same thing. I think it might be a problem with the windshield dampers because even after the system in auto mode changes the set up from defroster and lower vents to just the lower vents I can still hear and feel air going up to the window leaving my feet cold. I will have my dealer check this out along with the DCT tranny issue.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
now that's horrible.
even worse is with new cars you tend to smell the rust proofing from the engine bay with all the engine heat their. bad mixture.
Luckily it's only noticeable in extreme situations, but I am concerned that hot air is coming in and making my AC work harder. Then again, who wants to smell any fumes? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.